Thread: Need Goalie Advice For Playoffs

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Need Goalie Advice For Playoffs

Need some advice, we set weekly rosters and I have to choose between goalies Murray PITT or Hellebuyck WPG, Murray has 4 games, prob play in 3, @ Det @NJ Home MTL and WSH, Hellebuyck has 3 games, Home BOS, @ CHI @TOR, I know they are planning to rest Hellebuyck so I am afraid he may only get 2 starts and he is playing two very good teams in BOS & TOR, my gut tells me to ride Murray against sub par teams but I have been riding Hellebuyck all year and he is my go to goalie. Is Murray a safe play this week?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Need Goalie Advice For Playoffs

Welcome to the forums!
    Great breakdown of the games situation, but it would also help to know what your league categories are.

I'm leaning towards Murray though, especially with WPG just having clinched a playoff spot and probably not moving from their C2 seeding.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Re: Need Goalie Advice For Playoffs

Hey Eskimo, thanks for the reply, here are the categories (see below) and I am going up against Vasilevskiy who will most likely only get 2 starts this week
    Games Started (GS) 1 Wins (W) 3
    Losses (L) -1 Goals Against (GA) -0.5
    Saves (SV) 0.2 Shutouts (SO) 3
    Overtime Losses (OTL) 1