Thread: Please help me with goalies for this upcoming week for the finals - will Rep

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Please help me with goalies for this upcoming week for the finals - will Rep

My opponent has Rinne, Dubnyk, Luongo and Stalock.

I have Vasilevsky, Bobrovsky, Raanta and Saros (picked him up for tonight's game in case I needed him.)

Raanta's games this week are brutal
    TB - Monday
    VGK - Wednesday
    LA - Thursday
    StL - Saturday

Saros has 4 games this week with 2 B2B so I imagine he will get 1 start, small possibility of 2.

We track 4 stats W, GAA, SV% and Total Saves- trying to decide what to do with my goalies.

I will play Vas and Bob in every game they are in, but am not sure I would play Raanta in any game this week.
    I would probably play Saros in all starts he gets because Nashville is just that good, but would probably end up with just one.

Do I risk Raanta for any of these starts or do I go Vas, Bob and Saros and pick up an extra skater?

Thanks.

Is Nashville likely to "rest" Rinne this week and only give him 2/4 starts?
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Please help me with goalies for this upcoming week for the finals - will Rep

I would only be playing Raanta if you get some early shutouts OR your goalies just get blown out early and you have to start chasing Wins and Saves.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Please help me with goalies for this upcoming week for the finals - will Rep

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    My opponent has Rinne, Dubnyk, Luongo and Stalock.

I have Vasilevsky, Bobrovsky, Raanta and Saros (picked him up for tonight's game in case I needed him.)

Raanta's games this week are brutal
    TB - Monday
    VGK - Wednesday
    LA - Thursday
    StL - Saturday

Saros has 4 games this week with 2 B2B so I imagine he will get 1 start, small possibility of 2.

We track 4 stats W, GAA, SV% and Total Saves- trying to decide what to do with my goalies.

I will play Vas and Bob in every game they are in, but am not sure I would play Raanta in any game this week.
    I would probably play Saros in all starts he gets because Nashville is just that good, but would probably end up with just one.

Do I risk Raanta for any of these starts or do I go Vas, Bob and Saros and pick up an extra skater?

Thanks.

Is Nashville likely to "rest" Rinne this week and only give him 2/4 starts?
    I think Saros is very likely to split the back to backs. As great as Rinne has been this year, Saros has only been a smidge worse, call him very good to great on the whole of the season.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I think Saros is very likely to split the back to backs. As great as Rinne has been this year, Saros has only been a smidge worse, call him very good to great on the whole of the season.
    Agree with you. Was hoping to get 2 starts out of Saros this week, but his performance last night probably ensures he gets just the B2B start unless Nashville wants to rest Rinne for a game or two before their playoffs.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I would only be playing Raanta if you get some early shutouts OR your goalies just get blown out early and you have to start chasing Wins and Saves.
    Yeah - think you're right. Was hoping to convince myself that it would be OK to drop Raanta and pickup an extra skater, but keeping him in reserve in case I need him probably makes sense. The second injury to Bishop really hurt me. I waited for him to start his second game before dropping Lehtinen. Literally minutes later, he went down again and I could no longer pickup Lehtinen. Raanta was the best I could get.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well my strategy has already been decided. I sat Raanta on Monday night when he had a 1 GA gem and played Bob when he let in 3 goals.

My opponent had 2 stellar 1 GA performances last night. The only positive for me was that they against each other so he could only get 1 win.

I have to get as many starts as possible this week now so I can hopefully win G and Total Saves. I have an outside chance at the percentages if his guys do poorly and mine don't.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko