Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Letang (will REP)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Letang (will REP)

Xx = keeper as of now but I can move alot of guys for picks this summer

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    I have Subban and Klingberg.... So D doesn't suck. But most GMs don't have 1 , let alone 2 D. I still get the sense I wouldn't get much for Letang... Whereas I could trade either Subban or Klingberg for a fortune. Been would fetch a lot too.

Roster (I loaded up at the deadline and during the year)

Goals =3, assists=2, +/- is 1 either way. Wins 3,shutouts =5

Laine xx
    Kuzy xx
    Benn xx
    Granlund
    Pavelski
    Rielly Smith
    Getzlaf
    Connor
    Stastny

Subban xx
    Klingberg xx
    Letang
    Fowler

Dubnyk xx
    Hellebyuck xx
    With two better defensemen, I think Benn is the easy choice to keep.And if you did trade Benn, I'd probably keep another forward over Letang.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    This was my first thought as well. Nothing remotely safe about it.

Benn is a sturdier and safer pick. Both are really good players.

I'd still be somewhat happy keeping Letang in a points only 7 keeper league so if Benn nets a significantly better return that's probably the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    With two better defensemen, I think Benn is the easy choice to keep.And if you did trade Benn, I'd probably keep another forward over Letang.
    What forwards of mine that aren't yet keepers would you rank in order? Thanks

Dobber Sports Guru

What forwards of mine that aren't yet keepers would you rank in order? Thanks
    Maybe Granlund or Pavelski (I like Pavelski to rebound next season). I'd be wary of keeping three defensemen and two goalies in a keep-7 points-only format.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

I had Granlund as close to Benn...Granlund had slowed since but still like him alot

Dobber Sports Ace

I had Granlund as close to Benn...Granlund had slowed since but still like him alot
    I think Granlund has a chance to have seasons where he'll outperform Benn, but it'll need to be an up year for Granlund and a down year for Benn (seriously, I've heard people saying he's in a down year right now and he's still almost a point per game player). I can't see Benn having too much trouble staying near that point per game mark for another few years, and he's considerably better than what you're likely able to pick up from the draft in a keep 7. Letang is way ahead of replacement level, too; but only if he's healthy like this year. On top of that, I honestly think that for your league settings, you might be stronger at D than F anyhow, so it would make more sense to deal from your position of strength.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    I think Granlund has a chance to have seasons where he'll outperform Benn, but it'll need to be an up year for Granlund and a down year for Benn (seriously, I've heard people saying he's in a down year right now and he's still almost a point per game player). I can't see Benn having too much trouble staying near that point per game mark for another few years, and he's considerably better than what you're likely able to pick up from the draft in a keep 7. Letang is way ahead of replacement level, too; but only if he's healthy like this year. On top of that, I honestly think that for your league settings, you might be stronger at D than F anyhow, so it would make more sense to deal from your position of strength.
    yup. in my pool last year, Granlund had more fantasy points than Benn. Granlund getting better, Benn slowing (eventually and with Hitchcock....offense could suffer). So I guess options are:

1) Keep Benn and move the others for mid level picks
    2) Keep Granlund and move Benn for good package and possibly others if there are takers
    3) Keep Letang and move all my forwards

Probably in that order too from everyone's comments....REP given to all; much appreciated everyone

Dobber Sports Ace

yup. in my pool last year, Granlund had more fantasy points than Benn. Granlund getting better, Benn slowing (eventually and with Hitchcock....offense could suffer). So I guess options are:

1) Keep Benn and move the others for mid level picks
    2) Keep Granlund and move Benn for good package and possibly others if there are takers
    3) Keep Letang and move all my forwards

Probably in that order too from everyone's comments....REP given to all; much appreciated everyone
    What are the odds that you move a guy like Granlund or Letang and they don't get kept? Might be worth looking into, if only because if you can trade one of them for a mid round pick and then get him back (even if it's with a higher pick than you get for him)? Effectively net yourself an extra keeper.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    What are the odds that you move a guy like Granlund or Letang and they don't get kept? Might be worth looking into, if only because if you can trade one of them for a mid round pick and then get him back (even if it's with a higher pick than you get for him)? Effectively net yourself an extra keeper.
    in our pool, mid summer trades are GMs like me offloading extra keppers to GMs short of 7. So say Benn would fetch a couple picks (including at least a 1st) and the others maybe get a 2nd for say Pavelski and Getzlaf (older guys). Anyone I trade would be kept.

Draft isn't stellar but better than nothing and if I lose these guys for nothing, I have no picks for next season. Still not the end of the world, but I have no shot to get them back in the draft.

I'm probably deepest team, with 3 good forwards on good teams (plus minus is huge); 2 good D on good teams and 2 top goalies. Most keep like 5 forwards, 1D and 1G and not as good as my keepers

Dobber Sports Sage

If you can get a fortune for Subban I think I'd go that route (depending on the definition of fortune). Happily keep Letang, benn, and klingberg

I'd expect Letang plus minus to be much better next season after the poor start and beyond that I don't see a big difference between him and Subban in points only.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    If you can get a fortune for Subban I think I'd go that route (depending on the definition of fortune). Happily keep Letang, benn, and klingberg

I'd expect Letang plus minus to be much better next season after the poor start and beyond that I don't see a big difference between him and Subban in points only.
    i have thought of this too...packaging Subban, Granlund etc. I just have to find the right Keeper to upgrade to.