Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help me price out these upcoming UFA/RFA's!!!

The Great One

Default Help me price out these upcoming UFA/RFA's!!!

I know its not an exact science but Im way outside my depth trying to pecil in numbers for these guys! Very much open to ballpark swings at

UFAs:

Neal
    Perron
    E Kane
    Maroon
    Vanek (assuming 2ish again)

RFAs

Colin Miller
    Saros
    Hartman

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Help me price out these upcoming UFA/RFA's!!!

All numbers are pulled straight from my model. I make no guarantees on this, just another POV.

Neal $6.489M x 5yrs
    Perron $6.239M x 5yrs
    E Kane $6.539M x 7yrs (but I don't see any team risking 7 yrs on Kane)
    Maroon $5.078M x 5yrs
    Vanek $3.772 x 3yrs (It'll be smaller because Vanek is now just known as a rental)
    Colin Miller $3.262 x 3yrs
    Saros - My model doesn't do goalies, but I had an article not too long ago where I pegged him at about $2.35M x 3yrs
    Hartman $3.070M x 3yrs (I would expect it to be a little closer to Jarnkrok's though)
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Ok nice.

Maroon really stops being a bargain at that price- but in our format he ranks surprisingly well so probably have to keep him. I really thought he'd sign for much less when I asked for him back in my Patty Kane trade. i gave up a lot of good assets- OEL, Toffoli and Palmieri- all high sog guys too- which are my favorite . Im not saying hes not worth 5 but at that price point youre paying for his ceiling as opposed to his floor. I hope he signs for a bit less but he'll probably get the money especially with his "intangibles".

Yuck @ the Perron contract. Not yuck at your estimation- because I figured that too- but yuck that hes going to get paid for what most likely is an outlier season...

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, take it with a grain of salt. A couple of those numbers seem a little high, and some a little low. Personally I don't think Maroon breaks 5M. I think 4M makes more sense.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Genius

If a GM gives Maroon $5M x 5 years that GM should be fired on the spot!!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    All numbers are pulled straight from my model. I make no guarantees on this, just another POV.

Neal $6.489M x 5yrs
    Perron $6.239M x 5yrs
    E Kane $6.539M x 7yrs (but I don't see any team risking 7 yrs on Kane)
    Maroon $5.078M x 5yrs
    Vanek $3.772 x 3yrs (It'll be smaller because Vanek is now just known as a rental)
    Colin Miller $3.262 x 3yrs
    Saros - My model doesn't do goalies, but I had an article not too long ago where I pegged him at about $2.35M x 3yrs
    Hartman $3.070M x 3yrs (I would expect it to be a little closer to Jarnkrok's though)
    Why isn't your model a Dobber tool?

Too much $ for Perron. Miller will get more! And like you, I laugh at anyone signing Kane long-term. He'll spend the first 5 years of that contract battling injuries and inconsistency...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post

Too much $ for Perron. Miller will get more! And like you, I laugh at anyone signing Kane long-term. He'll spend the first 5 years of that contract battling injuries and inconsistency...
    Because it's still in its infancy. Needs a lot of work. Decent base at this point but it has a lot of situations to be added, stats to be considered and tinkering with weightings.

Administrator

Be careful what you wish for

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Be careful what you wish for
    Are you putting something together for Frozen Tools?

Administrator

Are you putting something together for Frozen Tools?
    Not anytime soon, I was kidding around because the concept could eventually become a useful tool under the "Research" menu

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

It could very well. I don't see being fully satisfied with it for at least another year though (tough to be fully satisfied with any kind of predictive model).

We'll see how it goes

The Great One

Because it's still in its infancy. Needs a lot of work. Decent base at this point but it has a lot of situations to be added, stats to be considered and tinkering with weightings.
    In my humble opinion, a tool is never "too soon." I bet you'll be tweaking and improving it for as long as you play fantasy hockey.

And looking at the numbers being spit out - sure, they aren't perfect. But they never will be. But it gives one a starting point for thinking about things.

I'm more curious about how you determine the length of contract as opposed to the dollar figures...

Dobber Sports Titan

In my humble opinion, a tool is never "too soon." I bet you'll be tweaking and improving it for as long as you play fantasy hockey.

And looking at the numbers being spit out - sure, they aren't perfect. But they never will be. But it gives one a starting point for thinking about things.

I'm more curious about how you determine the length of contract as opposed to the dollar figures...
    Right now it's some formula that I slapped together combining different variables of previous contract, dollar figure, age, and a couple of other little things.

The Great One

Neal - either $6M per year for 3 years or $5.3M for 4 - teams are wise enough to give him either only 4 years or less money for 3
    Perron - he was a journeyman before this season, and I think teams won't be suckered in, so I'll peg him at $4.75 per year for 5 years
    E Kane - this is where someone will overpay, and I like EB's ballpark
    Maroon - youth will get him 6 years but unproven state will put him below $5m per season; I'd say $4.45M per year for 6 years
    Vanek - no way he gets more than 2 years, but someone will pay him $7M for those two years
    Colin Miller - If Vegas didn't have the assets they did he'd be getting over $20M total for 5 years. I still think he gets 4 years, but probably at only $12M total
    Saros - Nashville wants their insurance policy, so I'll say $2.4M for two years
    Hartman - it will be only 2 years and somewhere around $2.75M per season
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm seconding that vote (:

I get a kick out of how some folks want tools whether rankings, pts predictions, whatever, that are bullet proof. Any well considered opinion, if you will, in the form of a tool perfect or not, is all good.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf