Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Dobber NHL Playoff Draft

The Great One

Default Re: 2018 Dobber NHL Playoff Draft

Did we decide when the draft starts yet?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Did we decide when the draft starts yet?
    No... we are going to finalize that on monday after the weekend... I will give people that long to vote or to sign up (if we get two groups I can keep everyone happy!)

And PM your email if you haven't everyone!! So i can use it to make the draft order!

Just a heads up... right now the votes are 6-2 in favour of starting Wednesday....

So if you know of anyone that is interested in joining... get them signed up!! and we can a draft going for both Wednesday and Saturday starts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Right now we have 11 confirmed participants.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Just a heads up... right now the votes are 6-2 in favour of starting Wednesday....

So if you know of anyone that is interested in joining... get them signed up!! and we can a draft going for both Wednesday and Saturday starts!
    I'd say just keep it as one league. We don't have enough players to do two leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I'd say just keep it as one league. We don't have enough players to do two leagues.
    Okay... if we don't get enough for two decent sized leagues we will go with 1 league of 12 drafters... and by looks of it we will start on Wednesday because thats what majority has voted for.

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

Okay... if we don't get enough for two decent sized leagues we will go with 1 league of 12 drafters... and by looks of it we will start on Wednesday because thats what majority has voted for.
    So start Wed, 12 teams, 14 rounds, 168 picks?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I was directed to sign up here. This will be my first ever playoff pool, so don't laugh too hard at my picks. If you're already full, that's cool, too.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

It's all for bragging rights so no worries stevegamer, nobody will laugh.. They will just get mad because you will be stealing all their players.. HaHa..

I predict stevegamer wins!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I was directed to sign up here. This will be my first ever playoff pool, so don't laugh too hard at my picks. If you're already full, that's cool, too.
    I believe this is our 12th manager so we can set the draft order at anytime.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I believe this is our 12th manager so we can set the draft order at anytime.
    I will do this first thing Monday. I have everyone’s email on a spreadsheet at home and I am a The in laws for Easter.

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

I will do this first thing Monday. I have everyone’s email on a spreadsheet at home and I am a The in laws for Easter.
    PH you are a pool machine! Thanks for doing all this.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    PH you are a pool machine! Thanks for doing all this.
    Well when you enjoy something like a playoff draft as much as I do i figured it’s better to step up and organize rather than wait for someone else too! I love fantasy competitions of all sorts so.

And i I do feel bad that I was not able to meet everyone’s needs. Sorry to those that wanted to wait until matchups were set!

​​

Big Daddy

I have a question and will give an example to help explain what I am asking.
    Let's say I draft Taylor Hall with a mid-round pick but NJ doesn't end up making the playoffs. I assume I'll be aloud to swap him out for an undrafted player post draft. But since we are starting early on Wednesday, is it fair to let people swap out a player (only if the team is officially eliminated) with their next pick. What I'm saying is this:

Taylor Hall drafted in Round 5.
    By the time Round 9 rolls around, NJ are eliminated.
    For my next pick (when it is my turn) can I swap Taylor Hall for an undrafted player AND make my regular scheduled selection or will I have to wait until post draft to swap out any players that won't be in the playoffs?

Figured it's better to iron out the wrinkles now rather than in-draft, especially since the answer to this question will surely affect draft strategy.

The Great One

I have NO idea but Im just chiming in to say- I wouldnt assume anything :P

My preference would be no swaps ftr. It makes taking a cusp team a neat gamble. Burn an early(ish) pick on a guy like Hall who might not even net you a playoff asset or go for a depth guy on a legit contender? Thats the way Id go- although like I said Ive got no insider knowledge on this topic- lol!