Thread: Best forwards in the upcoming draft.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Best forwards in the upcoming draft.

Hey all. Just curious who you guys think would be the top forwards after Svechnikov and Zadina? I am more than likely picking 3rd overall, 6th and 10th. A fellow GM has the top 2 picks and I highly doubt he will be drafting Dahlin as D men aren't valued as high in our pool. I like Dahlin but if those two forwards are gone, say the season ended now and the standings were final, do you guys think Wahlstrom would be the next best? I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy about Tkachuck and Button has him ranked 2nd. Thanks everyone!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Best forwards in the upcoming draft.

If he takes Zadina and Svechnikov at 1 and 2... you are laughing and have to take Dahlin!!

Especially when you have picks 6 and 10 as well and can used them to pick high-upside forwards.

I would look for Akil Thomas, Barrot Hayton, Ryan McLeod for your 6 and 10 picks.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If he takes Zadina and Svechnikov at 1 and 2... you are laughing and have to take Dahlin!!

Especially when you have picks 6 and 10 as well and can used them to pick high-upside forwards.

I would look for Akil Thomas, Barrot Hayton, Ryan McLeod for your 6 and 10 picks.
    What kind of value do you see Dahlin having in a pool that only counts goals and assists? I know he's good but would he be more fantasy relevant over guys like Wahlstrom or Tkachuck?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    What kind of value do you see Dahlin having in a pool that only counts goals and assists? I know he's good but would he be more fantasy relevant over guys like Wahlstrom or Tkachuck?

In any league that starts D-men as a position... there is a higher cost above replacement for a good D-man then there is for a good forward.

In other words.. there are always lots of forwards that come out of nowhere to be productive in points only leagues... W. Karlsson, D. Perron, J. Marchessault (last year)

So I want to take a chance on a D man as I am confident that I can find a forward later or through free agency.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Also... if you could of had Seth Jones this year in your league would you have wanted him??

​​

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Put it this way: if you have to roster a D, you want those spots to be contributing as much as possible. If you don't HAVE to roster D, then his value is somewhat negated.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    In any league that starts D-men as a position... there is a higher cost above replacement for a good D-man then there is for a good forward.

In other words.. there are always lots of forwards that come out of nowhere to be productive in points only leagues... W. Karlsson, D. Perron, J. Marchessault (last year)

So I want to take a chance on a D man as I am confident that I can find a forward later or through free agency.
    I get this. We have some forwards that will be unprotected and placed on to the waiver wire. Guys like Kapanen who if JVR leaves, may fill that spot and be an asset. This is the first time I will be drafting this high in our pool so I want to make sure I get the best offensive talent available.

The Great One

It's not even clear from your signature whether you have to dress D or not. If you don't have to, then owning them is pretty useless in points only.

If you have to dress D, then draft Dahlin 3rd overall and put him on your minors bench.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    It's not even clear from your signature whether you have to dress D or not. If you don't have to, then owning them is pretty useless in points only.

If you have to dress D, then draft Dahlin 3rd overall and put him on your minors bench.
    I'll fix that. Thanks for pointing it out. We can have any combo on our main squad. As many forwards or D as you like.