Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Subban vs. Josi - who ya got?

The Great One

Default Subban vs. Josi - who ya got?

https://dobberhockey.com/hockey-home...vs-roman-josi/

I've been writing cage match for almost five years now, and this is the first time I've ever had defensemen from the same team pitted against each other, and in fact only the second time I've ever had teammates facing off (who can name the last time without going back and checking?). But with the seasons they're having and the fact that they stand fifth and sixth in points per game among all d-men since 2014-15, the match seemed perfect on paper.

Give it a read and come back here to discuss. Do you trust Subban's resurgence this season? Could he do even better given his luck metrics? Can Josi continue to score this well if his productive ice times keep dropping? Do you think either or both will be hurt - as past data suggests - by Ellis being healthy and productive for an entire season?

Check out my conclusions and come here to share your own. Who do you prefer in non-cap leagues, and why?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Subban vs. Josi - who ya got?

Ohhhhhhhhhh. Top options...

Pastrnak or Marchand
    Hoffman or Stone
    Kreider or Miller

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Does Goldipucks and the Three Skaters count??

Great read as always!! Thanks!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhh. Top options...

Pastrnak or Marchand
    Hoffman or Stone
    Kreider or Miller
    Nope, but one guess is close for reasons I don't want to give away
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Does Goldipucks and the Three Skaters count??

Great read as always!! Thanks!
    I should've specified that no, Goldipucks doesn't count. I'm talking a regular old cage match. To give some context, the match was back in 2015 and although both are still on the same team they would not be good opponents at this point in time.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Nope, but one guess is close for reasons I don't want to give away
    Ya ....I scrolled back. Oh well.

Great article as always.

I should've specified that no, Goldipucks doesn't count. I'm talking a regular old cage match. To give some context, the match was back in 2015 and although both are still on the same team they would not be good opponents at this point in time.
    I know.. I was just being silly with the Goldipucks cause of your Vegas editions.

Umm... they were close in 2015 and are not close now... hmmm...

Just looking back at 2015 stats with your hint this is my best:

Stamkos and Tyler Johnson
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

I know.. I was just being silly with the Goldipucks cause of your Vegas editions.

Umm... they were close in 2015 and are not close now... hmmm...

Just looking back at 2015 stats with your hint this is my best:

Stamkos and Tyler Johnson
    Nope, but I will offer a hint that it's the right conference. And here's another hint of sorts - as it turns out the two were pitted against each other in a Cage Match way back in 2011 as well when Steve was still writing the column and they were on the same team even back in those days.

Bergeron and Krejci??
    Getzlaf and Perry?? - Wrong conference though
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

Panarin vs Draisaitl

The angle being they were both deemed products of the guys they played with last year, and are now both counted on to provide their own offense (more so Panarin admittedly, but still).
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Titan

Nope, but I will offer a hint that it's the right conference. And here's another hint of sorts - as it turns out the two were pitted against each other in a Cage Match way back in 2011 as well when Steve was still writing the column and they were on the same team even back in those days.
    For them to have relevance way back then they would have to be older. I'm thinking it's a bit of a trick question now with Zetts and Datsyuk.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Also that was a good read on Josi/Subban. I think Josi is the choice right now too, since him and Ellis play more often together, and Subban is starting to be used more often with Ekholm or Emelin in more of a defensive role.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    For them to have relevance way back then they would have to be older. I'm thinking it's a bit of a trick question now with Zetts and Datsyuk.
    I thought about Zetterberg and Datsyuk but Rizzee mentioned they are still on the same but would not be a good matchup.

​​

The Great One

Bergeron and Krejci??
    Bingo!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Also that was a good read on Josi/Subban. I think Josi is the choice right now too, since him and Ellis play more often together, and Subban is starting to be used more often with Ekholm or Emelin in more of a defensive role.
    Thanks EB. I was a bit hesitant to do this since I covered Subban less than a year ago, but the lure of two guys from the same team and Subban's bounce back season proved too difficult to resist.