Thread: Heiskanen, Demko, and Gusev

The Great One

Default Heiskanen, Demko, and Gusev

So Im thinking about taking over a team that needs at least one solid year of committed re-build time (debatable) and by "thinking of" I basically mean its a done deal- lol! The league is fantastic with cool scoring and absolutely fantastic ownership. Its also a pretty neat story because its the exact team I used to own. I took it over- and turned the third worst team (I won the draft lottery and got Draisaitl that year) into a cup winner. Lol- was an unprecedented turn of events if I dont say so myself (and I do). I gave it up for two years but was just offered the opportunity to buy back in.

So the thing is the scoring is heavily goalie and defensemen weighted. The team looks pretty "meh" on paper but with a core of Demko, Ghost, MacAvoy and Heiskanen to build around- things could turn around pretty quickly.

So my questions:

What is Heiskanens realistic upside playing behind Klingberg next year? Whats a realistic longterm upsude? Does he have the tools and the toolbox to be an elite offensive defenseman?

Is Demko in the NHL at some capacity by next season? Even as a backup with upside? I hate, hate, hate investing heavily in goaltenders with no NHL experience- but the consensus seems pretty firm that Demko is an outlier that way- why are we so sure? That being too said- am I putting too much stock into a rookie goalie?

Is Gusev gonna play in the NHL? Like ever? As an older prospect is he set to make more of a splash if he does. Whats a reasonable upside here- at this point considering his prolific season?

The Great One

Default Re: Heiskanen, Demko, and Gusev

Re: Demko - what I've read is that why he's a very legit prospect, he's not NHL ready yet (and that was coming from Vancouver scouts). I wouldn't put a ton of faith into him producing next year.

The fact that Gusev has never come over...I just think it's a huge gamble to be counting on him.

And Heiskanen - I haven't followed him closely. But what I can say is he shoots left and Klingberg shoots right. So if he can find his way on PP1, anything can happen, I suppose. But that is one heck of an if...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Demko: Cam Robinson tackled this question in his latest mailbag: https://dobberprospects.com/prospect...s-draft-value/

Gusev: I don't see him signing with Vegas, and they hold his rights indefinitely.

Heiskanen: I have a big section of my upcoming Liiga report dedicated to him. It's coming out on Friday at DobberProspects.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Demko: Cam Robinson tackled this question in his latest mailbag: https://dobberprospects.com/prospect...s-draft-value/

Gusev: I don't see him signing with Vegas, and they hold his rights indefinitely.

Heiskanen: I have a big section of my upcoming Liiga report dedicated to him. It's coming out on Friday at DobberProspects.
    Awesome!! Thanks as usual JP!! Cant wait to read. I know the last dp ramblings were raving about Heiskanen breaking out offensively pre-injury