Thread: Who to keep? Pick 2 of Stone, Letang, Barrie, Schwartz, Nylander, McAvoy, Perron

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Who to keep? Pick 2 of Stone, Letang, Barrie, Schwartz, Nylander, McAvoy, Perron

12 team keep any 8, H2H. Cats are:
    Skaters- G, A, STP, HIT, BLK, FOW, +/-, PIM, SOG, TK (takeaways), TOI, D-PTS
    Goalies- GS, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

Starting to think about my keeper situation for the off-season.

Currently set as keepers: McDavid, Stamkos, Matthews, Benn, Hellebuyck, Price

With two spots left I'm leaning towards keeping Letang and Barrie however, Stone (Tk), Nylander(Tk, FOW), and Perron (HIT) all offer elite production with an extra stat they're elite in. Whoever I don't keep I should be able to trade for picks

Breakdown of my thoughts on each:

Letang: Pro- Great offense from a D, hits every cat (including Tk) Con- band-aid boy and a bit older

Barrie: Pro- Fantastic production, young Con- doesn't hit, and BLK is low compared to other D

Stone: Pro- Young, great production, very consistent, one of the league leaders in Tk Con- Sustainable?, plus OTT is a set to be even worse next year

Nylander: Pro- Young, decent production, great for Tk and FOW Con- Well bellow ppg, streaky, already have Matthews and Could be demoted to 3C if Bozak leaves

Perron: Pro- Ppg, Hits Con- Breakout year, low SOG

Schwartz: Pro- Ppg Con- Doesn't hit non-point cats

McAvoy: Pro- Multicat production, very young Con- Not elite in any one stat (yet at least)
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Who to keep? Pick 2 of Stone, Letang, Barrie, Schwartz, Nylander, McAvoy, Perron

Nylander and McAvoy for me.
    12-team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (10 keepers)
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, SHOTS BLOCKED, W, GAA, Saves, Save%

Original draft was 2015
    Year #1 = Tanked hard (finished last)
    Year #2 = Playoff League Champion
    Year #3 = Lost in Playoffs but traded Murray for 2nd best odds at #1. (Will draft Dahlin).

10 Keepers
    Keepers: C.McDavid (C), J.Eichel (C), A.Matthews (C), P.Laine (LW-RW), J.Gaudreau (LW), N.Ehlers (LW-RW), C.Keller (LW), T.Rask (G), A.Vasilevskiy (G) + ??? (Keeper #10)
    Potential Keepers : J.Saros, T.Demko, M.Sergachev, M.Duchene, J.Puljujarvi.
    Other Players: Not worth mentioning...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Who to keep? Pick 2 of Stone, Letang, Barrie, Schwartz, Nylander, McAvoy, Perron

With Price, Benn and Stamkos as part of your keeper core... I would suggest you are in it to win it next year.

Therefore I do not care about keeping the young guys on your list - McAvoy and Nylander.

I want guys that will allow me to be the most competitive and give me the best chance to win this coming season.

Short List:

Letang - has been healthier this season than the last few... great production.
    Barrie - If you don't think Letang can be healthy I think you want to keep at least one D-man because you have a great core of forwards and goalies.
    Stone - Karlsson will be better next year... if he is still in Ottawa... so Stone could improve on this years numbers.
    Scwartz- Like you said, gets you points... but not other categories.

Out of those 4 I would probably pick either both D or a D and a forward.

ACtually... I always like to have a solid D to start the year with in keepers... so I would keep Letang and Barrie.

But that is just my strategy. For you I would reccomend choosing one of the D that you like best. Then pick between the other D and Stone (If Karlsson stays) or Schwartz (if Karlsson gets traded)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm keeping Nylander and Macavoy. And it's not about the youth. Sorta. They are young, but they are improving, and I see them as the best players. I can't keep Letang. I can't believe in jim. He's let too many people down.

Dobber Sports Genius

I would be looking at Mark Stone and one of Letang or Barrie.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Big Daddy

That's a tough decision to make. Right off the bat I'd eliminate Perron, Schwartz, Stone & Letang. That leaves you deciding between 3 solid options. Considering you aren't keeping any D as of yet, you almost have to take one of (if not both of) Barrie and McAvoy. I'd hate to leave Nylander off of this team though. Have you considered letting Price walk? Also, as I ask with almost every keeper question I respond to, what is the likely hood that you can trade some of these keeper quality players during the offseason?
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I feel like you could get Barrie, Perron, McAvoy back right away in a draft, so I would axe those guys.

I would consider keeping Nylander and Stone. I have crossed my fingers all year with Letang and I don't know if I could do it again next year - he is just too injury prone to want to keep.
    8 team keeper league (keep 5)
    Standard Yahoo scoring format: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, S, PIM, BLK, W/L, SV, -GA, SO

Forwards:
    Malkin, Benn, Eichel, Kucherov, Draisaitl, Schwartz, Marchessault, R.Smith, Hornqvist, Voracek, Atkinson, Lee, T. Johnson

Defensemen:
    Letang, S. Jones, Krug, Sergachev, McDonagh, Dumba

Goalies:
    Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Rask

Farm:
    Keller, Puljujarvi

Dobber Sports Stud

I would definitely keep Stone. Look what he's done on the mess that Ottawa has been this year....give a healthy next year and I bet he puts up a monster season

After that it's a crapshoot. I don't trust Letang, regardless how healthy he has been this season.

Nylander, as a leaf fan and Willy owner, it seems his best production is tied big time with Matthews.....and that scares me...

I would say McAvoy or Barrie.....Barrie is more of a sure thing but McAvoy may be worth the gamble

I wouldn't do Perron or Schwartz.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Stone and Nylander for me
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Letang and Nylander for me.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Stone/Barrie
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Apprentice

2 of Stone/Letang/Barrie
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson