Thread: 14 keepers

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default 14 keepers

I'm having a hard time trimming down my roster. I can only keep 14 and I've narrowed it down to 17. Any suggestions...

Seguin Dal
    Pasternak Bos
    McDavid Edm
    Mathews Tor
    Panerin Clb
    Giroux Phi
    Forsberg Nas
    Huberdeau Fla

Pietrangelo Stl
    Burns Sj
    Klingberg Dal
    Jones Clb
    Krug Bos
    Sergachev Tb

Rask Bos
    Vasileisky Tb

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: 14 keepers

We would need to know scoring categories, category weights, type of league, how many at each position you roster a night, etc., etc., in order to provide an accurate response.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Without knowing the scoring and the number of players you start at each postion I would cut:

Sergachev - You have some stellar top end D... you don't need to keep this guy, you can probably re-draft him.
    Pietrangelo - You have some stellar top end D and you probably don't start as many D as you do forwards so keep more of your forwards and drop another D.
    Huberdeau - because the rest of your D are must-keeps and Huberdeau is your bottom forward.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Newbie

Weekly keeper league with 6 teams

Dobber Sports Newbie

We start 7 forwards 4 defence and a goalie to start and a backup incase it's the starters night off. Goals are 2pts assists on goalie win 3pts loss - 2pts shutout 5pts. Your can only start players once a week on the night you select.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Armed with that info I agree with PenguinHunter. Sergachev, Pietrangelo and Huberdeau are the drops for me as well.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks, I kinda figured Huberdeau was out anyway and I was on the fence with Pietrangelo. Sergachev I wasn't too sure about his total value. At one point I almost thought about dropping Panerin, but his recent play has changed my mind.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Despite Panarin's recent play I am not sold. I like the Huberdeau and Sergachev assessments, but I think AP is far from done and I'm keeping him and passing on the Bread Man.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by RAZZA1921 View Post
    We start 7 forwards 4 defence and a goalie to start and a backup in case it's the starters night off. Goals are 2pts assists on goalie win 3pts loss - 2pts shutout 5pts. Your can only start players once a week on the night you select.
    So it's quasi-weekly starts? You set lineups weekly, only get one game per week from them, and you have to pick well? That's actually really similar to my dynasty league, if true, although we don't get to select games, week starts on Thursdays and the first game is the game of record.

Given that it's a 6 team league, you should be able to find some decent backup defensemen easily. I'd keep the 8 forwards & 2 goalies you have listed, Burns, Klingberg, Pietrangelo, and 1 of Jones or Krug. I trust Pietrangelo to be the main scoring D on his team slightly more than the other 2 guys.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Yup, we run from Tues to Sat. Picking the right date is a challenge at time. A little bit of luck helps. I did like having some quality backup Defensemen. With Burns slow start and Pietrangelo injury this year. I also have Lee and W. Karlsson, but I've decided to part with them. It sucks deciding on which players to keep with all star rosters.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by RAZZA1921 View Post
    Yup, we run from Tues to Sat. Picking the right date is a challenge at time. A little bit of luck helps. I did like having some quality backup Defensemen. With Burns slow start and Pietrangelo injury this year. I also have Lee and W. Karlsson, but I've decided to part with them. It sucks deciding on which players to keep with all star rosters.
    Okay, so your format is actually right in my wheelhouse. Given that you've got a similar format to mine, I'd take a look at a couple stats that most people don't care much about.

Goalies: Quality Start Percentage. While this doesn't tell you how often they get a decision, it will tell you how often they put up good starts. In your league, given that you get one shot at it a week, but can pick, you get to pick softer foes, so it's a bit less useful.

Skaters: Pointless Games Percentage. I calculate this myself, as I don't know anyplace that actually has it. Simply put, I run a query off hockey-reference.com that tells me how many pointless games players have. I then back that into games played, and figure out how often they are held off the scoresheet. It's not perfect, as a guy who gets hurt early in a game gets dinged, but it's another thing to look at.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.