Thread: Should I keep OEL?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Should I keep OEL?

For 10 keepers, my choice would probably be Mackinnon, Marchand, Laine, Schenn, Boeser, Barzal, Keller, Karlsson, Ristolainen, Murray.
    One thing that really concerns me is that I am keeping too many rookies and only two D's.

Which players should I keep next year?
    Should I keep OEL instead of a guy like Barzal?
    10 Team Yahoo 8 Keeper league(H2H) - Re-drated this year
    18-19 - Champion
    19-20 - Champion
    21-22 - Champion
    22-23 - Champion

2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G (4B, 1IR, 2IR+)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO, 4 Minimum

C: Tavares, Stutzle(LW), Kyrou(RW)
    LW: Guentzel, E.Kane
    RW: M.Tkachuck(LW), Meier(LW), Konecny(LW)
    D: McAvoy, Dobson, Chychrun, Trouba, Mintyukov

G: Hellebuyck, Gustavsson, Husso

IR+: Montour
    IR+: Laine(C,LW,RW)

Default Re: Should I keep OEL?

I'd easily keep OEL over both Schenn and Risto. You can also make a case for him over Keller, Barzal and Boeser but since you don't need to as it is a keep 10, punt one of Schenn and Risto and take the superior talent in OEL.
    REIGNING CHAMPION
    15 Team Limited Keeper League (18 years)
    32 Roster Spots, Protect 17,<41 games played;auto-protected
    12 Forwards, 6 Defensemen, 2 Goalies
    MY TEAM (4 years)
    Forwards: Backstrom,Ovechkin,Kuznetsov,Forsberg,Tavares, Barkov,Huberdeau,Stamkos,Hall,J.Hockey,Dadonov,Carter,Perry,Kesler,Maroon
    Defense: Karlsson,Hedman,OEL,Klingberg,Krug,Byfuglien,Keith,Seabrook
    Goalies: Bobrovsky,Vasilevsky
    Prospects: Bokk,Hayton,Dobson,Blackwood,Comrie,Hogberg
    Scoring: G: 2 A: 1 +/-: 0.5 PIM: 0.2 W: 4 L: -1 SO:5 OTL: 1

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Is it a 10 team league? I agree with all your keepers except Murray, band aid boy aint worth it IMO. Maybe package two of Boeser/Barzal/Keller and Murray for a better goalie keeper?

I have OEL and have the same issue with him as my 10th,but we have been this patient... Hes 27 next year on a budding arizona team, could pay off or screw us over! But the potential for high rewards is there for sure. Hoping 55 to 60 for a few seasons. If you cant make a trade i daresay boeser over murray!

The Great One

Keep Barzal!!

Im sure Bronz doesnt play multi-cat leagues. Schenn is ridiculous in your format. I really worry about OEL. I just traded him myself- but thats also because I had an owner who agreed that this wasnt a "sell low" situation and he was the main piece for Patrick Kane (complicated deal in a capleague dynasty-and I had to give a serious PLUS to get Kaner). Im only in one league (first year) that incorporates hits and blocks so that skews my player values a bit- but Id be tempted to swap OEL in for Risto. Ristolainen seems like a guy who may have over achieved a bit early and set expectations rather high. Apparently his underlying metrics are not exactly confidence inducing. Youd be gambling that OEL could still be a franchise defenseman/Norris candidate by next year. I still take that gamble personally. The odds in my opinion are slipping but those are dice Im rolling...

Quote Originally Posted by Bronz View Post
    I'd easily keep OEL over both Schenn and Risto. You can also make a case for him over Keller, Barzal and Boeser but since you don't need to as it is a keep 10, punt one of Schenn and Risto and take the superior talent in OEL.
    Risto is pretty solid in my league format, but yeah probably that could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanknation View Post
    Is it a 10 team league? I agree with all your keepers except Murray, band aid boy aint worth it IMO. Maybe package two of Boeser/Barzal/Keller and Murray for a better goalie keeper?

I have OEL and have the same issue with him as my 10th,but we have been this patient... Hes 27 next year on a budding arizona team, could pay off or screw us over! But the potential for high rewards is there for sure. Hoping 55 to 60 for a few seasons. If you cant make a trade i daresay boeser over murray!
    Yeah, I wish I could upgrade my goalie, but the trade deadline is already passed.
    I am pretty sure I gotta keep at least one goalie and that happens to be Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Keep Barzal!!

Im sure Bronz doesnt play multi-cat leagues. Schenn is ridiculous in your format. I really worry about OEL. I just traded him myself- but thats also because I had an owner who agreed that this wasnt a "sell low" situation and he was the main piece for Patrick Kane (complicated deal in a capleague dynasty-and I had to give a serious PLUS to get Kaner). Im only in one league (first year) that incorporates hits and blocks so that skews my player values a bit- but Id be tempted to swap OEL in for Risto. Ristolainen seems like a guy who may have over achieved a bit early and set expectations rather high. Apparently his underlying metrics are not exactly confidence inducing. Youd be gambling that OEL could still be a franchise defenseman/Norris candidate by next year. I still take that gamble personally. The odds in my opinion are slipping but those are dice Im rolling...
    I am a huge fan of OEL, and expected him to reach 70pts.
    Not sure if it is wise to give him one more year, but yeah I still wish him to be the OEL that I used to know.
    10 Team Yahoo 8 Keeper league(H2H) - Re-drated this year
    18-19 - Champion
    19-20 - Champion
    21-22 - Champion
    22-23 - Champion

2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G (4B, 1IR, 2IR+)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO, 4 Minimum

C: Tavares, Stutzle(LW), Kyrou(RW)
    LW: Guentzel, E.Kane
    RW: M.Tkachuck(LW), Meier(LW), Konecny(LW)
    D: McAvoy, Dobson, Chychrun, Trouba, Mintyukov

G: Hellebuyck, Gustavsson, Husso

IR+: Montour
    IR+: Laine(C,LW,RW)

Dobber Sports All-Star

I like Mackinnon, Marchand, Laine, Karlsson, Risto as for sures. (in your format, rostering 4 d per night, Risto holds huge value I would think and he is only 22).

Now to choose 5 between,Barzal, Schenn, OEL, Boesner, Keller, Provorov (monster hits and blocks with upside), Murray and Talbot.

I think these last 5 are going to involve some tough choices and you may pick the wrong one in some cases. We just can't predict the future 100%.

I am going to scratch Keller in your league because he is a wild card (Rookie) and he puts up very limited peripherals.
    I am actually going to blasphemously scratch Murray too. I think you should have traded him while trading was open. Certified band aid boy who has had 7 injuries in just two years of play. I don't trust him as a #1 goalie on any fantasy team.
    My last cut would be either Provorov, Barzal or Boesner. If D can be had fairly easily in your redraft I drop Provorov, if not I hold him and likely drop Boesner (blasphemous I know) but I think Barzal will likely become a better point producer than Boesner and he has better talent around him IMO.

Just my two bits for what it is worth
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    I like Mackinnon, Marchand, Laine, Karlsson, Risto as for sures. (in your format, rostering 4 d per night, Risto holds huge value I would think and he is only 22).

Now to choose 5 between,Barzal, Schenn, OEL, Boesner, Keller, Provorov (monster hits and blocks with upside), Murray and Talbot.

I think these last 5 are going to involve some tough choices and you may pick the wrong one in some cases. We just can't predict the future 100%.

I am going to scratch Keller in your league because he is a wild card (Rookie) and he puts up very limited peripherals.
    I am actually going to blasphemously scratch Murray too. I think you should have traded him while trading was open. Certified band aid boy who has had 7 injuries in just two years of play. I don't trust him as a #1 goalie on any fantasy team.
    My last cut would be either Provorov, Barzal or Boesner. If D can be had fairly easily in your redraft I drop Provorov, if not I hold him and likely drop Boesner (blasphemous I know) but I think Barzal will likely become a better point producer than Boesner and he has better talent around him IMO.

Just my two bits for what it is worth
    I can't argue with this! +1
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf