Thread: Kinkaid

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Kinkaid

Will be in final this week.

Is Kinkaid going to be in net 2 games minimum on a possibility of 3 ? I can dress Markstrom instead (Vancouver play 4 times this week).
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Kinkaid

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    Will be in final this week.

Is Kinkaid going to be in net 2 games minimum on a possibility of 3 ? I can dress Markstrom instead (Vancouver play 4 times this week).
    That is impossible to answer. He got back to back starts because of the shutout on Sat, but didn't look great last night. Schneider hasn't looked great all season long. My gut feel is that he will get the next start and then one of the 2 back 2 backs. So I think he will get 2 of the 3 starts this week, but there really is no way to know.

[EDIT]It wasn't clear from my post who I thought was getting 2 starts and who was getting 1. NJ needs wins. Schneider is their 2A, Kinkaid is their 2B goalie so I expect Schneider will get 2/3 and Kinkaid will get 1/3.[/EDIT]
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    That is impossible to answer. He got back to back starts because of the shutout on Sat, but didn't look great last night. Schneider hasn't looked great all season long. My gut feel is that he will get the next start and then one of the 2 back 2 backs. So I think he will get 2 of the 3 starts this week, but there really is no way to know.
    Well this statement is false.

Last year was terrible but this year was a much better season for fantasy owners. Last year he only had 20 wins in 59 starts. This year he already had 17 wins in 38 starts. The only down fall has been his injury limiting his starts.

As far as the OPs question, I'd go with Markstrom.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Well this statement is false.

Last year was terrible but this year was a much better season for fantasy owners. Last year he only had 20 wins in 59 starts. This year he already had 17 wins in 38 starts. The only down fall has been his injury limiting his starts.

As far as the OPs question, I'd go with Markstrom.
    Axeman,

Not sure why you say that:

1) Last year's GAA 2.82 - this year's 2.81.
    2) Last year's SV% .908 - this year's .912
    3) Last year he started 73% of the team's games. This year he is on pace for 53%.
    4) Last year he won 20 games. This year he is on pace for maybe 23 wins.
    5) He has lost his last 10 games. In those his GAA has been > 3 in all of them and his SV% has been .900 or below in all of them.

Last year was terrible, this one isn't much better or Kinkaid wouldn't even be in the conversation especially now since NJ needs wins.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kinkaid has been performing great lately, especially considering he's been seeing a LOT of shots (38 Saturday, 36 Sunday, not to mention the 42 he saw in Vegas and 36 in Nashville weekend).

Despite the loss yesterday I still think it was the right move to have started him. Cory just hasn't looked the same since he's come back from his groin injury and I think at this point his confidence is shaken.

All that being said, I think with the B2B coming up for the Devils this weekend that it makes sense to let Schneider start tomorrow night in SJ and hope for the best. Kinkaid has been getting them wins but may need a rest after his busy stretch of starts that he's just not used to.

So I would agree with the prediction that Schneider ends up getting two of the 3 starts this week. It would be saying A LOT about Hynes' faith in Cory if he gives Kinkaid the start tomorrow.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek