Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Duncan Keith done?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Is Duncan Keith done?

Uggh. I hate having to even write those words considering that I traded away Ghost during the very early part of his rookie season to acquire Keith, after Keith's owner fell in love after 10 or so games. I though it was a huge win for me at the time Anyway, now I have to decide if he's even worth keeping. Is this guy a 40 pt guy moving forward, low goal totals. Maybe 2 years worth of fringe value? That's kind of where I peg him, as this year has been kind of a disaster for him. Any insight? My Defense categories are 1 pt for assist, 2 pts for goals, and we keep 4 d-men (my others are Klingberg, Yandle, McAvoy). I'm considering keeping Montour instead. Oh, to go back in time...

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Is Duncan Keith done?

He certainly seems to have taken a big step back this year, not just in points but in how he looks on the ice. At 34 I'm less optimistic than if he was 30 and put up a bad year. That said he still has a great mind for the game, and if the team can improve in the offseason I think he can put together some 40 point seasons for a couple years or so, no question. He just can't do it all himself on the ice now, and keep in mind the team around him has gotten worse and worse over the last couple of years. I think I would still gamble and keep Keith over Montour unless your format makes it really hard to get young dmen back.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I prefer Keith to Montour.

i expect that the Blackhawks as a whole have a bounceback year next year before the wheels fall off for several years.

And Keith is on the record saying he wants to play for several more years so I see this down season as a motivation for him to work even harder in off season and come back rolling next year.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would give him and the Hawks a chance to show their yrue colors next season.. But they are definitely driving towards that cliff..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sage

As mentioned above. It's not time to panic... Yet. I still prefer Keith to montour as well.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Big Daddy

How do your league mates feel about Keith moving forward? Could it be possible to keep Montour and redraft Keith if you want him back? I know that sounds almost like a backwards move but in a keeper league I can see Montour getting drafted ahead of Keith if both were available.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Superstar

Since 2010 the Hawks have claimed 3 Stanley Cups. 2010, 2013 and 2015. The 2015 Conn Smythe winner was, BTW, Duncan Keith. Is there a pattern here? Maybe. Regardless, I think it is a little to early to pronounce the Hawks and Keith deceased (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Monster

I wouldn't worry too much. He's having a down year but everyone is on the Blackhawks. If they can turn things around next season he could have another big season. Still fairly young.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It sure feels like he's done, but like many of the posters here, I think he might bounce back next year, along with the Hawks team.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

The entire Hawks team is having an off year. I also expect a bounce-back.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

One word. Yes.

The Great One

I think I'd probably roll the dice on Montour. Even if Keith bounces back to 40 points, I think Montour has that kind of potential too. I think I'd rather just take a shot with the young guy...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd also roll the dice on Montour here. Even if Keith has a better season next year I just don't care much for where Chicago is headed and his age doesn't make it any better.

Administrator

Montour > Keith

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In a league that rewards goals I would go with Montour. Even if it wasn't I would go with the younger, safer option. In a keeper league I don't think this one's close. You could try and squeeze the last bit of relevance out of an older guy on a declining team but why? Montour will probably outscore Keith in your format this year, and there is a reasonable chance that it's by a significant margin.