Thread: Deperation Time - Combing the Waiver Wire - Forsberg, McElhinney, Lehner

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Deperation Time - Combing the Waiver Wire - Forsberg, McElhinney, Lehner

I'm in beyond desperation mode. I have Jones, Dubnyk and Hutton against a guy with Rinne and Bobrovsky.

My SV% and GAA are not saveable but Ws and SVs are. I need to get 2 more starts out of 3rd goalie spot.
    Hutton is still DTD, will not play tonight, he may get one of the back-to-back on the weekend? I could hold him and hope he starts one and grab a sport start for the other day.

Anton Forsberg should get tonight (vs. Jets) and one the back-to-back (@Sabres, v. Blues)
    Curtis McElhinney starts tonight (vs Sabres) and may get Saturday (vs. Habs) if Andersen is not back.
    Christopher Gibson (NYI) starts tonight (vs. Caps) and could get one of the back-to-back this weekend
    Lehner (vs. Leafs) and Saturday vs. Hawks likely gets both games as well. - He usually gets pumped for lots of shot.

No other pickup option looks like he will get 2 games (Jarry is not available)
    What's my desperation play here?
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Deperation Time - Combing the Waiver Wire - Forsberg, McElhinney, Lehner

If your league in sig is up to date, then your desperation move is dropping Hutton and ZAR (or Galchenyuk if you are rid of ZAR already) for Lehner AND C. Gibson.

If you only have one add, I would roll the dice with C. Gibson. I think it's most likely our of all the options there that he gets two games. Chicago doesn't always split B2Bs, Andersen could be back, or Sparks could start for the Leafs, and Johnson is due for a game soon too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Deperation Time - Combing the Waiver Wire - Forsberg, McElhinney, Lehner

LAW MAN!

Call me crazy but I like the Gibson play. You are right. He should get 2/3 games remaining. He should face a bunch of rubber and, who knows, maybe the NYI actually win a game or two.

The Forsberg play is the safe one but Chicago isn't giving up obscene amounts of shots and they aren't winning.
    McElhinney gets one game and the other is a toss up. Less convinced he plays 2 games.
    Lehner plays for Buffalo and I don't trust Buffalo to anything they are suppose to do.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"