Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tiger Woods!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Tiger Woods!

Tiger snags another top 10 finish.. He finished minus 10..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Tiger snags another top 10 finish.. He finished minus 10..
    Minus-10 you say!? "Hold my beer" says Oliver Ekman-Larsson (minus-34 as of today).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Immortal

I really hope he keeps it competitive and is in the race come Sunday. Nothing beats Tiger at the Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I really hope he keeps it competitive and is in the race come Sunday. Nothing beats Tiger at the Masters.
    You got that right!! Big comeback in the final round and push for the title!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, my own included... as I actually love seeing Tiger doing well.
    My best friend adores Tiger and we both like seeing this powerful and unlikely comeback story coming to fruition.
    Who doesn't like a good comeback story?

But someone else important to me also pointed out that maybe this isn't the kind of man we should be cheering for.
    I'm more forgiving than most, but I do believe she raised a fair point. Some people, and their lack of moral compass, probably don't deserve our fanfare regardless of how good the story is.
    Anyway, food for thought. It probably won't be a popular opinion.
    I mean I agree. But the Legend of Tiger and my lack of interest in anything PGA these days over powers that for me. It sucks. I feel gross. But ya....that's where Im at haha

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, my own included... as I actually love seeing Tiger doing well.
    My best friend adores Tiger and we both like seeing this powerful and unlikely comeback story coming to fruition.
    Who doesn't like a good comeback story?

But someone else important to me also pointed out that maybe this isn't the kind of man we should be cheering for.
    I'm more forgiving than most, but I do believe she raised a fair point. Some people, and their lack of moral compass, probably don't deserve our fanfare regardless of how good the story is.
    Anyway, food for thought. It probably won't be a popular opinion.
    Very fair point that your friend makes...

I would ask your friend if she has any friends that she has ever gotten in a fight with and forgiven them?
    Or if she has any divorced friends? Or any friends that have made mistakes in the passed?

Tiger has made some mistakes, yes. But if he has cleaned up his act, does he not deserve a chance at forgiveness?

If Tiger wasn't Tiger and a famous person and instead he was just a childhood friend and made the same mistakes, and then cleaned up their act...would you not forgive your childhood friend??

And in absolutely 0 ways am I supporting what he did... I am just fully supporting the idea of forgiveness and that people can clean up their act!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

IDK... for me Tiger Woods is spoiled fruit in the same orchard as Donald Trump.
    I'm not a fan of either and can't get people that find a way to defend either.
    I think people give Woods' a forgiveness-pass because they used to cheer him on and he has a nice smile.
    He can't POSSIBLY be a bad guy... right?!
    Fugg that.

But... to each their own. It takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Happy Masters!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    IDK... for me Tiger Woods is spoiled fruit in the same orchard as Donald Trump.
    I'm not a fan of either and can't get people that find a way to defend either.
    I think people give Woods' a forgiveness-pass because they used to cheer him on and he has a nice smile.
    He can't POSSIBLY be a bad guy... right?!
    Fugg that.

But... to each their own. It takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Happy Masters!
    Haha sure he can be a bad guy. So can Patrick Kane. Or Zeke Elliott. They're still elite players at their sport and I enjoy watching elite players.

Dobber Sports Genius

Really? I mean Tiger cheated on his wife and then the medication mishap which was far worse IMO as it put others in danger. However I have not heard any stories of him committing sexual assault or murder. His sins were in line with that of your everyday rock star in which other people in media tend to laud. Just because he's a golfer should not make it any different.

I think there both not great things to do but certainly you can forgive a guy for making some mistakes in moments of weaknesses.

Aside from that he is highly entertaining to watch play the sport, which is what your watching it for.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports All-Star

Congrats to Patrick Reed.

This guy really impressed me on Sunday. He was as steady as they come. He fought off McIlroy, Speith and Fowler. All this from the 27th ranked player on the PGA.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Congrats to Patrick Reed.

This guy really impressed me on Sunday. He was as steady as they come. He fought off McIlroy, Speith and Fowler. All this from the 27th ranked player on the PGA.
    Heard today there was a point where the top 10 was Stenson (40 year old), surrounded by a bunch of 20 something players. Crazy.