Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rookies to keep?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Rookies to keep?

Yeah. Kaprizov was a player i was going to take the risk and keep until hes not a rookie anymore. Seems as if Meier is a clear cut. Thanks for all the responses. Hopefully be able to make some trades in the off season. If i am unable to trade any players i will probably drop Meier and Fox.

Dobber Sports Deity

My initial advice is to try and trade one or even two of these kids before you outright drop any of them.

My initial drop would be Tuch. I like what he's doing in the NHL, but he will never be an impact player in the NHL and it's just a matter of time before he's gone from your team anyway. The other one would be Meier. I hate the idea of dropping Meier because I am a big fan of his but you might as well retain most of the kids who have yet to even play a game to maximize their time in your minors.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

I wouldn?t drop kaprizov, the reward is too high that the risk is worth it. Meier for sure and I think you look at Fox/Girard. Yes Girard has been really good but defensemen can fluctuate so much from year to year, he has Barire in front of him. With Fox he has gio n dougie in front of him. I don?t like drafting/hanging onto too many blueline prospects. I?d see what Girard can get you since he?s started his nhl career.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Oh my, people are really sleeping on Borgstrom. I think he's a top 10 prospect in the world right now, and you'll regret it immediately if you drop him now.

I can understand cutting Meier because he probably wouldn't be a keeper once he hits 200GP. I think Fox is the other guy I'd drop. I would, however, rather trade someone like Girard, Tuch or Yamamoto because I think they're being overvalued these days. Girard really went from undervalued to overvalued in a hurry. I remember beating his drum earlier in the season.
    I agree with most of this, but I think the "undervalued to overvalued" is all about opportunity. He went from sitting behind guys like PK, Josi, Ellis, and Ekholm to EJ, and Barrie who's on the trade block every deadline.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby