Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Barzal vs. Draisaitl - who ya got?

The Great One

Default Re: Barzal vs. Draisaitl - who ya got?

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    All very fair and well-articulated points, but Barzal also never has to face the other team's toughest D - at least not thus far with Tavares still in town. As for Draisaitl, either he plays with McDavid or gets second toughest D like Barzal does now, which is a win-win either way.
    Was just going to chime in and say this. If youre going to account for the "McDavid effect" it only stands to reason that ou include the "Tavres eeffect". Having the oppositions top checkers glued to JT all night allow Barzals superior IQ and skill level to pick holes in less effective shut down lines. Whats good for the Goose is good for the gander. It stands to argue he'd be having a rookie season a lot closer to Keller in Arizona without the Tav Train running off the rails on line 1...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If this is indeed the case, how do you account for his high secondary assists numbers? If what you're saying is correct - and I haven't seen him play enough to say it isn't - wouldn't he have a higher share of primary assists rather than barely over 50%?
    https://theathletic.com/263447/2018/...t-assumptions/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Drai all day. Teams will figure Barzal out, and he won't take anyone by surprise next year. He's my #1 candidate for a crippling sophomore slump.

The Great One

Care to summarize for those of us who don't subscribe?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for that article!
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Initiate

This is really as good of a coin flip as you could get so many reasons for and against each guy. I'm just going to go with the guy who has put up the points in a few seasons now Draisaitl - he's been here and done it before, and until Barzal has a second year putting up big numbers I'm going to role with the guy who's done it a few times

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Care to summarize for those of us who don't subscribe?
    No. Pay for good content, or don’t. I couldn't care less. The article fully summarizes why Barzal's second assist worries are overblown. The athletic gives 10 free articles a month or something, if you’re burning through that you can afford $4/month

Dobber Sports Padawan

Personally I'd pick Drai. Big body and great hands. He hasn't had a lot of solid linemates but even as a Flames fan, I love watching him play. Get some good talent around him on his own line and I think he has a slight edge over Barzal.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov