Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Yahoo IR+ workaround

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Yahoo IR+ workaround

I'm a leaf fan... any advantage you can get is worth it... Slimy? bah... slimy is in the eye of the beholder (and Lou doesn't see so well so it's often looked beyond in Leaf land). lol

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Some good thoughts here. Appreciate all the input!

I've brought it forward to the league commish to see what he says about it, so one way or the other it gets resolved

Makes for a good discussion though.
    I am the commissioner of the league EB is pulling this off in and I have no problem with it. It is a smart strategy/competitive advantage in my opinion. If yahoo allows it then I can't tell him he can't do it, at least not in the middle of the playoffs. That is something I feel would need to be addressed in the offseason. The only catch to this is EB should change his name to Slimy Lou Lamoreillo hahahaha.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I am the commissioner of the league EB is pulling this off in and I have no problem with it. It is a smart strategy/competitive advantage in my opinion. If yahoo allows it then I can't tell him he can't do it, at least not in the middle of the playoffs. That is something I feel would need to be addressed in the offseason. The only catch to this is EB should change his name to Slimy Lou Lamoreillo hahahaha.
    Well done Commish!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Fair enough!

I'll update the thread at the end of the week with whether I actually ended up getting an extra game out of it or not.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

slimy

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about. This works in Fantrax too. IE - with Monahan, and can move him from between active line up and IR spot throughout the week, without any issues. Even if Monahan plays a game and loses his flag, it has absolutely no impact on the legality of my roster. (If it does for yours, then you've likely changed the custom settings for this)...
    Must be league setting dependent then but I'm pretty sure it's like that in all three leagues I'm in.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Must be league setting dependent then but I'm pretty sure it's like that in all three leagues I'm in.
    It is a league setting. I'm able to do this in my Fantrax league a well.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Monster

Yes I use this method. I wanted to rotate Phaneuf and Faksa all week but they both came off IR+ so I had to go to plan B. I picked up Edmondson, slid him onto IR+ then added Borowiecki on Sunday. I have Borowiecki playing 4 games Monday-Saturday, and I hope to drop him for a healthy Joel Edmondson (currently on my IR+) spot start on Sunday. Unfortunately wasn't able to find two good dtd players to rotate the whole week, but this method will spare me one of my precious 4 adds per week.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

The moral of the story here is Yahoo is broken and can be exploited in so many ways.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't see the issue, anyone in your league has access to this "loophole" if they figure it out.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Just curious - have you even tried to do this? I took a look at the fantrax settings, and I don't see an obvious setting that would allow this to be turned off. I'm in 3 different fantrax leagues, with three different commissioners, and this tactic works in all 3 of them.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The moral of the story here is Yahoo is broken and can be exploited in so many ways.
    Haha very true

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about. This works in Fantrax too. IE - with Monahan, and can move him from between active line up and IR spot throughout the week, without any issues. Even if Monahan plays a game and loses his flag, it has absolutely no impact on the legality of my roster. (If it does for yours, then you've likely changed the custom settings for this)...
    yeah theres a different setting that can be utilized compared to black&blue league but I've never really given it a really good experiment in this other league I'm in .

all I know is I'll check roster randomly in the afternoon for a final touch up and holy shit its showing illegal due to someone being in an IR spot for too long but first thing in the morning it was showing legal .

I would think the disadvantage of the setting Rob uses would be if a GM needed to set lines for an extended period because of vacation (without internet access) and his team became illegal halfway through the week .

I'll ask Rob what setting it is.