Thread: Cut bait on Lundqvist?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Cut bait on Lundqvist?

I love the King, but the Rangers have just absolutely quit on the season so wins and GAA haven't been kind to Lundqvist lately.

I'd need a goalie to pick up and Grubauer is still available. I also have Raanta coming off the IR soon probably. I think both would be better options than Lundqvist for the rest of the season, right?

Goalie stats are wins, GAA, SV%, and shutouts.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Cut bait on Lundqvist?

Tough call....Im in a similar boat. However Im rolling with Lundqvist tonight vs Carolina. Will see where it gets me.

In your case....is Grubauer really going to start that much??

Scratch that...I see he's starting tonight. I would still rather have Lundqvist tonight over Grub vs Wpg....

Dobber Sports Stud

Someone just dropped Lundqvist in our keep 5 league. I am debating picking him up.

I have Holtby and Talbot, but Holtby is not starting tonight(Bad sign) and Talbot has 2 back 2 backs this week, so he will only get in 2 games.

Also, starting goalies are worth solid gold in this 14 team keeper league. Even bad ones do not stay on the wire for long
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Tough call....Im in a similar boat. However Im rolling with Lundqvist tonight vs Carolina. Will see where it gets me.

In your case....is Grubauer really going to start that much??

Scratch that...I see he's starting tonight. I would still rather have Lundqvist tonight over Grub vs Wpg....
    Grubauer's actually been getting a lot of starts recently with Holtby struggling. I think they want to give Holtby more rest going into the playoffs to try and reset him sorta. I could see Grubauer getting like maybe 40% of the starts the rest of the way.

If he was just going to be a standard back-up I wouldn't consider it, but with him getting more starts it's very tempting.

Dobber Sports Superstar

the Rangers have played better most notably against Florida couple nights back, much faster team overall with youth injection I would hold onto Henrik over a backup.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wowwwww. Henrik not starting tonight. Brutal for me.