Thread: Sorokin. Will Rep

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Sorokin. Will Rep

Team in Sig.

I know his name was brought up in an earlier post but I'm trying to get an idea of how soon people think he will be up in the NHL and what he may be capable of. Currently I have Ward, Varlamov and Raanta. Not horrible but due to expansion in our pool this coming season, I have to risk losing one of them. I would prefer Ward even if he's been playing well this year. If I do lose him, I was thinking about replacing him with Sorokin. I can afford to have him on my main roster even if he's maybe a year away, just curious what you all think.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Sorokin. Will Rep

I think that realistically he's more than a year away.

https://www.lighthousehockey.com/201...ract-extension

Of course, even the article has the caveat about KHL contracts having 'out clauses' but he's still young and doesn't seem in a hurry to cross the pond.

The Islanders situation is pretty dire, but I would see GM Snow sign a hold over in the off season because it would be too risky to hand Sorokin (or Soderstrom, for that matter) the starting position right away.

Out of Ward, Varlamov and Raanta, I would get rid of Ward.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sorokin has a KHL contract until summer of 2020, so don't expect him to cross the pond until then. There are no out-clauses in KHL contracts, and only players themselves can buy out their contracts but that's not going to happen when the Isles can only offer ELC money which is way less than what he's making in the KHL.

Is Demko available in your league? What about Samsonov? Those two are much closer to the NHL than Sorokin because of his contract situation. Even Shestyorkin is closer because he has just one more year on his contract (although I'm not sure he'll cross the pond after that).

The Great One

I like Sorokin if he can go on your taxi squad. Otherwise, you are burning a roster spot for way too long.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

12 team pool and only 19 skaters, just curious as to what you expect from guys like: ang, kamenev, and trenin?? I would be dumping all 3 of these guys and grabbing some goalies in hopes to hitting it big with one or two of them..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Demko MIGHT be available if the GM drops him in the waiver draft instead of trading him. Samsonov isn't unless I make a trade but the GM would want a lot back for him. What about Linus Soderstrom?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    12 team pool and only 19 skaters, just curious as to what you expect from guys like: ang, kamenev, and trenin?? I would be dumping all 3 of these guys and grabbing some goalies in hopes to hitting it big with one or two of them..
    Kamanev is better than some guys I have on my main squad now. I don't expect him to put up 50-60 points a year but I do expect him to add more to my team than others. Ang still has 4 years of protection but unless the prospect has a name like Necas or Boeser, most GMs in my pool are very picky on who they make deals for. I wouldn't be able to get anything for him or Trenin. Kamenev also has to be brought up this season and that makes his value lower to the other teams. If I can get someone that was never drafted in our pool but has huge potential to be a starting goalie in a year or two, or at least a legit backup for now, I'd rather get him off the waiver. Otherwise, I need to trade one of my three top ten draft picks and I'm not keen on doing that.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sorokin has stopped 99 out of 100 shots in the KHL playoffs so far. 4 shutouts in 5 games. No big deal.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Sorokin has stopped 99 out of 100 shots in the KHL playoffs so far. 4 shutouts in 5 games. No big deal.
    Even if i am in a position to have a guy sit on my main squad for a couple of years, I am hoping he comes over and does well and THEN I can grab him. Everything I have read on him is positive. Good news for the Islanders.

Dobber Sports Master

longer he waits to come over , the shorter the ELC requirements become .

i.e -- comes over at 24 , he only needs a 1 year ELC then he hits RFA

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sorokin recorded his 5th shutout today. So that's 5 shutouts in 6 games. Two of those have come against Eeli Tolvanen and his team.