Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Next Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: The Next Vasilevskiy

As stated above: Gillies, Hart, Sorokin (or maybe Soderstrom), and in a couple years Ilya Samsonov and Igor Shestyorkin.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Monster

Igor Shestyorkin will be the next Vasi.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think Samsonov will be the next Vasilevsky because he'll be the first of the three Russian goalies to come over. But Shestyorkin will be coming soon after that and Sorokin after him, and all three are capable of being Vasilevsky-level goalies if the teams in front of them are good enough at that time.

Add Demko and Hart to the mix, and those are the only goalies I can see becoming Vasilevsky-level goalies.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Kirill Utsimenko or however you spell that last name.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Demko, Hart, F.Gustavsson..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Jake Oettinger. Deja vu for Ben Bishop.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm on the Hart train. Philly has the potential to be an elite team in the very near future with all their youth, and Hart has the pedigree and is likely going to arrive on the scene at the perfect time to backstop a dominant team, just like Vas.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Surprised I'm the first one to say this, but Grubauer. If Samsonov comes over this summer like he has been talking about, I could see the Caps dealing Grubauer to a team in need of a starter.

Dobber Sports Deity

If there's one thing I've learned about fantasy hockey, 90% of the names listed here probably won't even be fantasy relevant NHL goalies. Sure you throw enough names on the wall, someone will stick, but picking which one is damn near impossible.

Good luck finding the next Vasilevskiy. Im sure he's out there but being confident on who it will be is picking the lotto numbers.

Anyone here won Lotto 6/49 lately?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned about fantasy hockey, 90% of the names listed here probably won't even be fantasy relevant NHL goalies. Sure you throw enough names on the wall, someone will stick, but picking which one is damn near impossible.

Good luck finding the next Vasilevskiy. Im sure he's out there but being confident on who it will be is picking the lotto numbers.

Totally agree with this. There are too many intangibles for a goalie to have good numbers. Players. Structure. Coaching. Chemistry, etc.....Even if he is good, his numbers will mostly depend on the rest of the team and the coaching staff.

Dobber Sports Expert

Kaapo Kahkonen maybe? I'm hoping he comes to America to play for Iowa over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I like Anthony Stolarz to be added to the guys above.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    in time Carter Hart
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fan View Post
    Carter Hart for sure. Crazy numbers is the "dub" and improving each season. Flyers have a star with him
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco97 View Post
    I'm on the Hart train. Philly has the potential to be an elite team in the very near future with all their youth, and Hart has the pedigree and is likely going to arrive on the scene at the perfect time to backstop a dominant team, just like Vas.
    What Hart is doing in the WHL is fantastic... and I hope you guys are right!!! Especially the bolded part!

When I read this title my thoughts shot straight to the Hart! I am biased though!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Kaapo Kahkonen maybe? I'm hoping he comes to America to play for Iowa over the summer.
    Minnesota needs to get him signed or they lose his rights this summer, and I believe he'd go back to the draft if that were to happen.

I don't understand why they haven't signed him already. But they're also facing this same situation with Louis Belpedio and Dmitry Sokolov this summer. June 1st is the deadline for Kahkonen and Sokolov, and August 15th is the deadline for Belpedio (but if they don't sign him quickly, he'll probably walk away after the strong NCAA season he's had).

And they also want to get Jordan Greenway signed ASAP, so I guess they just have too many contracts right now and can't get them all signed because of that, so it will be interesting to see which ones remain unsigned.

Dobber Sports Expert

Very interesting, possibly going back into the draft never crossed my mind at all. Thanks for the info. As always, I wish I could send rep your way more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

So much negativity here, HaHa.. This post made me laugh Axe.. Thanks bud.. I know I haven't the lotto!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..