Thread: Player values......

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Player values......

Not sure where to post this, but I was hoping to pick the brains of any stat guys out there who have established their own player value system using excel. I need to up my game in an extremely competitive league for next year and want to focus my off season to determining values of guys I may want to target, or unload from my roster. I've used FHG a few years but never really got the hang of it, and i know there is something out there. Thanks in advance....
    16 Team Dynasty, Roto Auction Cap League, Farm and Prospect systems.
    G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, DPts, BS, Hits, FOW, Pims, Majors, Shifts, Shootout goals,
    Saves, Wins, OT wins, Save%, GAA, S/O, Shootout Saves,

C: Matthews, Couture, Nelson, Hayes
    W: Draisaitl, Duclair, Hall, Fiala, Marchessault, Voracek, Jeannot, Clutterbuck
    D: Makar, Hronek, Nurse, Cernak, Klingberg, Roy
    G: Demko, Shesterkin, Vanacek
    Prospects: Stutzle, Byfield, Lundell, Brink, Dufour, Madden, Milano, Addison, Alexeyev, Bahl, Farrance, Lundkvist, L. Thompson, Fedotov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Player values......

Hmm... not sure I've got an answer that you're looking for, but one piece of advice is to start posting your opinions on posts in here on a regular basis. I've found that to be really instrumental in increasing my overall knowledge about teams, players and especially prospects. When someone wants advice on something and I don't know much about Player A - I'm off to research a some reports etc. to give as informed of an opinion as I can. I think some would find it hard to believe but I've only been into fantasy hockey on a serious level for the last three years. It was probably a decade hiatus before that since I played multiple free leagues. I won't count last decade as most players are retired and some in the HHOF since then. Become a dobberite!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Hmm... not sure I've got an answer that you're looking for, but one piece of advice is to start posting your opinions on posts in here on a regular basis. I've found that to be really instrumental in increasing my overall knowledge about teams, players and especially prospects. When someone wants advice on something and I don't know much about Player A - I'm off to research a some reports etc. to give as informed of an opinion as I can. I think some would find it hard to believe but I've only been into fantasy hockey on a serious level for the last three years. It was probably a decade hiatus before that since I played multiple free leagues. I won't count last decade as most players are retired and some in the HHOF since then. Become a dobberite!
    I second this. I'm no expert but I've always received some great advice on this site about players I've been looking at for my pool. A lot of my potential moves next season can be credited to things I've been told here on Dobber. Read the threads would be my best advice. I picked guys like Sikura and Gaudette off the waiver after reading one about college prospects ready to make the jump to the NHL. They're not superstars but compared to some guys on my team, they have potential to be a lot better than what I have now.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I second this. I'm no expert but I've always received some great advice on this site about players I've been looking at for my pool. A lot of my potential moves next season can be credited to things I've been told here on Dobber. Read the threads would be my best advice. I picked guys like Sikura and Gaudette off the waiver after reading one about college prospects ready to make the jump to the NHL. They're not superstars but compared to some guys on my team, they have potential to be a lot better than what I have now.
    Good info here, this also gives you some trade bait when they are the flavour of the week and you can move them for better options.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

The Great One

Unless you are some sort of math wizard, I suspect trying to create player valuations that are better than FHG is not the way to go...

(I mean this in a very respectful manner).

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    This will help your game more than anything. I joined the forum last year when my new league started and within months I was at a new fantasy level. Don't be afraid to post responses and have an opinion in here even if it turns out you're wrong a bunch of times. Follow up and read others takes on the same subject. Nothing will increase your knowledge faster.

As far as a quick and easy Excel goes - buy dobbers guide and make your own adjustments to it based on the knowledge you've acquired on specific players that could pop next year.

Example for me at this year's draft were Schenn, Mackinnon, Zibanejad, klingberg, Gost. I was able to snag them all later than they should have gone. Dobbers guide gave me a great base and the knowledge from posting a ton last year allowed me to make confident adjustments. Learnt so much more than I even needed to know about fantasy hockey in the last 1.5 years and have realized there is even more I don't know.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    This will help your game more than anything. I joined the forum last year when my new league started and within months I was at a new fantasy level. Don't be afraid to post responses and have an opinion in here even if it turns out you're wrong a bunch of times. Follow up and read others takes on the same subject. Nothing will increase your knowledge faster.

As far as a quick and easy Excel goes - buy dobbers guide and make your own adjustments to it based on the knowledge you've acquired on specific players that could pop next year.

Example for me at this year's draft were Schenn, Mackinnon, Zibanejad, klingberg, Gost. I was able to snag them all later than they should have gone. Dobbers guide gave me a great base and the knowledge from posting a ton last year allowed me to make confident adjustments. Learnt so much more than I even needed to know about fantasy hockey in the last 1.5 years and have realized there is even more I don't know.
    At the risk of getting repetitive, I don't think you can improve on this answer and the advice given. A lot of us are doing this exact thing, and with the exception of The Comish, we are having success (:

Oh, I'm gonna hear about this one ):
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf