Thread: Android Boxes/Kodi -- calling all computer wizards

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Android Boxes/Kodi -- calling all computer wizards

I recently purchased a 'Sidekick' Android box. It's fantastic for tv shows/movies. I literally get everything from every network and basically all links work every time.

What I need help with is two, maybe three things.
    1. Live tv. - on Modbro it's pixely and while I get a second of HD here and there it's really choppy. it also lacks all the channels I get sportsnet ON, World & One.. no pacific or west. Those things really annoy.

2. Kodi - I cannot get a f---ing link to work to save my life. I've got six different sports apps downloaded on it and none work. I feel like I'm missing a fundamental step here to make the famous Kodi worth leaving installed

3.okay, 3.. basically I need a HD app that will allow me to stream sports in HD. Hell I can't even get the Reddit links on Kodi to work.

HELP!

Please use simplified language when providing responses. I've never been the techiest person around... nice and simple for me.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Android Boxes/Kodi -- calling all computer wizards

2. I can only speak to #2 and all I watch on mine is sports and movies. Do you have SportsDevil downloaded... it seems to be the only one that works for me.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

1. You're stealing content so I'm not sure why you expect it to be perfect. The quality of the stream depends on the source and destination and what places it needs to travel through between those too. Speed, bandwidth, etc. a whole lot of factors.

2. Again, stolen content, so streams are taken down continuously as they are found by the content owners.

3. You might benefit from going to the Kodi message board and asking questions or reviewing their wiki.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    2. I can only speak to #2 and all I watch on mine is sports and movies. Do you have SportsDevil downloaded... it seems to be the only one that works for me.
    I do and it doesn't

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    1. You're stealing content so I'm not sure why you expect it to be perfect. The quality of the stream depends on the source and destination and what places it needs to travel through between those too. Speed, bandwidth, etc. a whole lot of factors.

2. Again, stolen content, so streams are taken down continuously as they are found by the content owners.

3. You might benefit from going to the Kodi message board and asking questions or reviewing their wiki.
    Thanks for that.. entirely unneeded. I'm fully aware that I'm tired of paying for jacked up cable prices (Telus now offers its own android box - sans cable - PIK TV.. FYI). If it were ma & pa companies I might care a bit, but considering cable companies are part of billion dollar empires. I give not a shit.

I appreciate the actual suggestions you gave.

Cable companies have stolen my money for years. Living on Van Island and having Sportsnet ON NHL games blacked out - yep, that's what I paid for! Shaw, Telus, deserve as little of my money as humanely possible.

Is it stealing or is it a loophole? I am sure if cable companies could find a loophole to up the prices more... they would...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Thanks for that.. entirely unneeded. I'm fully aware that I'm tired of paying for jacked up cable prices (Telus now offers its own android box - sans cable - PIK TV.. FYI). If it were ma & pa companies I might care a bit, but considering cable companies are part of billion dollar empires. I give not a shit.

I appreciate the actual suggestions you gave.

Cable companies have stolen my money for years. Living on Van Island and having Sportsnet ON NHL games blacked out - yep, that's what I paid for! Shaw, Telus, deserve as little of my money as humanely possible.
    My response was not intended to attack you, just that you should temper your expectations on to the quality of content you can get.

The advertisement for these boxes is that everything will work perfectly, plug & play, which is not the case at all.

I pirate a large portion of my content, so I'm not questioning the morality here.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Jedi

My response was not intended to attack you, just that you should temper your expectations on to the quality of content you can get.

The advertisement for these boxes is that everything will work perfectly, plug & play, which is not the case at all.

I pirate a large portion of my content, so I'm not questioning the morality here.
    I'm not expecting perfection, but I should be able to get better quality than my grandparents 200lb wooden box tv. I can't see the puck on CBC. I can if I stream cbc on my computer

I know I had extreme difficulty until I actually hardwired the internet to the box.... going off wi-fi sucked compared to the actually plugged in internet.

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Is it stealing or is it a loophole? I am sure if cable companies could find a loophole to up the prices more... they would...
    It's more of a loophole. with the sidekick I have companies are paying to advertise at the end of programs. So lots of people are still making money. I'm just not paying.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'm not expecting perfection, but I should be able to get better quality than my grandparents 200lb wooden box tv. I can't see the puck on CBC. I can if I stream cbc on my computer
    So this is what I was referring too, basically if the source of the stream is let's say in Denmark and you live in Columbus, the stream of content physically has to travel between those two point and between a series of connection points.

The further the connection and the more connection points the more the quality of the stream degrades.

Now factor in your own environmental restraints (WiFi, Electrical Magnetic Interference, Hardware) you can degrade the stream even more.

Over The Air antenna feeds come in so crystal clear because their is very few things that interfere with them and you need to be close enough to pick up the signal so there's less change of degradation between source and destination.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Deity

It's only considered stealing/illegal in Canada if you are downloading the content. If you are streaming the content, it's legal. Streaming isn't targeted by the Copyright Act. Definitely a grey area but not illegal.

I wish I could help you lucafen4 on your question. I had a buddy set mine up for me but he learned everything he needed to learn off youtube on how to set these boxes up.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

First thing I would do is get a wireless keyboard with a built in mouse.

Something like this is what I use.

For sports, I just open up Chrome and go to this site for my sports.

I use a variety of apps. Netflix, Showbox, Kodi, Youtube, Modbro or just the good ol Internet browser.....depending what Im watching.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    First thing I would do is get a wireless keyboard with a built in mouse.

Something like this is what I use.

For sports, I just open up Chrome and go to this site for my sports.

I use a variety of apps. Netflix, Showbox, Kodi, Youtube, Modbro or just the good ol Internet browser.....depending what Im watching.
    The box came with a mini wireless keyboard & built in mouse s a remote so I'm good there. all those apps came installed as well. I've been struggling to get Kodi to do F--all. Terrarium has been amazing for tv shows/movies. I'll check out that site tonight for the games thanks!