Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ISS Top 31 Prospects for 2018 NHL Draft

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: ISS Top 31 Prospects for 2018 NHL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Wahlstrom's the guy on the list thats intriguing to me. Ive seen very little ink spilled on him but hes climbing up slowly but surely. What kind of game he play? Upside?
    I’ve seen a few reports/blurbs comparing his game to Patrice Bergeron.

Dobber Sports Titan

Glad McBain finally fell out of the first round.
    Going to go see Akil Thomas play tomorrow, haven't seen him yet, or heard much about him, so that should be fun.

All these defence are going to make fantasy drafts very interesting this year. Typically they fall a little, but how much do they fall when half of the top prospects are dmen...?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    well that and Merkley is a Dman.. not sure how he can be compared to either.
    Was he talking about Wahlstrom or Merkley??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Was he talking about Wahlstrom or Merkley??
    tracing the quote back, it was to my post about Merkley. there had been no mention of Wahlstrom, unless he clicked the wrong comment
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    ISS has Brady Tkachuk as a center but I am pretty sure he plays wing.
    He has played both positions. Some people think he's capable of playing center in the NHL as well but most seem to think he can't and will end up playing just wing.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Farabee is an interesting guy on this list.
    A few sites have him in the 7-10 range.
    Just about every list-maker has him higher than his ISS spot at #16.

I've got a #8 overall pick in one of my dynasties - which I think is right about where the drafting is gonna get hard this year.
    Right now I've got a fantasy tiering of Dahlin... Svech/Zadina... Tkachuk, Wahlstrom...
    Boqvist and Hughes are there in the 4-7 as well for me, but it is league dependent.
    Drafting smaller D-men is still tough in fantasy leagues that count HIT/BLK... kind of still want to get those in a defenseman.
    In my HIT/BLK dynasty, I'm strongly considering Veleno and Farabee (forwards) in front of a guy like Quinn Hughes.
    [I traded away Werenski for PLD in same dynasty last year, for these reasons.]

In the WHL though, its points heavy - so drafting a smaller D-man could definitely be in the 6-9 range.

The NHL has gotten so fast (& small) at forward, that the defenders are needing to keep pace.
    I was reading a couple articles the other day on how the Flyers drafting of Morin (6'-7", 2013 11th overall) might not pay off due to the small size & increased speed of today's forwards.
    The "push guys out of the netmouth" lurking defender giants seems to be a thing of the past.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Farabee is an interesting guy on this list.
    A few sites have him in the 7-10 range.
    Just about every list-maker has him higher than his ISS spot at #16.

I've got a #8 overall pick in one of my dynasties - which I think is right about where the drafting is gonna get hard this year.
    Right now I've got a fantasy tiering of Dahlin... Svech/Zadina... Tkachuk, Wahlstrom...
    Boqvist and Hughes are there in the 4-7 as well for me, but it is league dependent.
    Drafting smaller D-men is still tough in fantasy leagues that count HIT/BLK... kind of still want to get those in a defenseman.
    In my HIT/BLK dynasty, I'm strongly considering Veleno and Farabee (forwards) in front of a guy like Quinn Hughes.
    [I traded away Werenski for PLD in same dynasty last year, for these reasons.]

In the WHL though, its points heavy - so drafting a smaller D-man could definitely be in the 6-9 range.

The NHL has gotten so fast (& small) at forward, that the defenders are needing to keep pace.
    I was reading a couple articles the other day on how the Flyers drafting of Morin (6'-7", 2013 11th overall) might not pay off due to the small size & increased speed of today's forwards.
    The "push guys out of the netmouth" lurking defender giants seems to be a thing of the past.
    Good points as always, P7. I think forwards like Veleno and Farabee are part of a larger category of forwards who fantasy owners will be tempted to take over the second tier 'elite' defensemen Hughes and Boqvist. I have picks #3 and #8, subject to the outcome or our draft lottery, and will likely go BPA (as much as I can tell who that is) for my second pick. I'd be very happy to see one of Hughes/Boqvist still available at #8. This could be the year we see defensemen break though in fantasy drafts by getting seleted over those 3rd tier forwards. One thing I like about this league is that we draft before the NHL and sleeper forwards who fall in the NHL draft tend to get taken much earlier in our draft.

I agree about Morin, although I traded for him this year as I still like his multi-cat potential. He should have been a 2nd round pick. I see Logan Stanley in the same category and hard a time time seeing him ever making the Jets.

Dobber Sports Jedi

in multi-cat leagues, I would think Bouchard would be the 2nd D off the board. He's going to give you the best bang for your buck IMO. This kid's already crunching big minutes and doing everything. I've seen articles that say no one gets by him on a rush, just no one.

I'm starting to wonder what the potential is of Tkachuk dropping out of the top 5 is. If teams aren't sure he can play C... I can see Wahlstrom & Bouchard going ahead of him in the draft.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Ah, you know these two are not the same One is a 70-point NHL player, the other has yet to play in the NHL.
    I know they just look so similar to me when I watch them, except Tolvanen's shot is better.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I got 1st overall in my multicat dynasty and Im still not sure if I'll draft Dahlin or Svechnikov... the hype around Dahlin is insane but fantasy wise I think its smarter to go with a FWD.. any other of you in the same position?
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Justinsane87 View Post
    I got 1st overall in my multicat dynasty and Im still not sure if I'll draft Dahlin or Svechnikov... the hype around Dahlin is insane but fantasy wise I think its smarter to go with a FWD.. any other of you in the same position?
    Don't count your chickens before they hatch. You've got a 25% chance at 1st overall, chances are that I will as well. In our league I'm leaning towards Svechnikov if I get 1st pick. Should be great for shots and hits categories and he'll likely step into the league producing where Dahlin may take longer to find his place.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Don't count your chickens before they hatch. You've got a 25% chance at 1st overall, chances are that I will as well. In our league I'm leaning towards Svechnikov if I get 1st pick.
    Haha! Yeah I know but I'm an optimistic! :P and I like to be prepared to every possibilities!
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook