Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Steelers place franchise tag on Bell... again!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Steelers place franchise tag on Bell... again!

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    The big number people seem to overlook when talking about Bell, is the amount of catches he puts up. 85 Receptions put him 10th in the league last year and that included all WRs... The Steelers either need to pay him close to what he's asking or bring in 2-3 players to replace his production.
    I don't think even 2-3 players will replace his production. They will take his carries and targets... but they will be nowhere near as efficient.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

How can they pay a unproven quarterback like Garoppolo $137,500,000 in San Fran... but Pitsburgh cannot afford to pay Bell a decent amount...

I think the perspective is a bit of a joke. Bell is proven... Garoppolo is not... Osweiler was not and he got paid more to walk away from a team then Bell is going to get playing as the best RB in the game.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    How can they pay a unproven quarterback like Garoppolo $137,500,000 in San Fran... but Pitsburgh cannot afford to pay Bell a decent amount...

I think the perspective is a bit of a joke. Bell is proven... Garoppolo is not... Osweiler was not and he got paid more to walk away from a team then Bell is going to get playing as the best RB in the game.
    I can't agree more here.. Great point on the unproven QB's.. I understand QB's are the most important player on the football field as far as the offense goes, but L.Bell is a game changer and has been for the Steelers..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

L.Bell has recently said he will not hold out no matter what his contract situation is this year.. Which is great news.. But something tells me that he isn't going to go all out for this team!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..