Thread: 2018 first rounder vs these prospects

The Magnificent One

Default 2018 first rounder vs these prospects

for team in sig I have a middle first rounder for the 2018 entry draft. Anywhere from 14th - 18th pick depending on how league playoffs play out. but I have an offer of that pick for Aleksi Heponiemi. do you think this is worth it?

this team also has mittelstadt and necas who I feel like are much better than Heponiemi. do you think I should take the deal for Hep or keep the 2018 or try to push for one of the other two. I doubt I will get them but could ask..

let me know deadline is a few hours away.

thank you
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: 2018 first rounder vs these prospects

Ask for Mittelstadt or Necas, but do not have any expectation of getting either one.

I'd keep the pick. Heponiemi appears to be the kind of player who will take longer to show that the could be an NHL player, needing a few years to develop. You might be better served attempting to trade for him this time next year after he continues his longer journey to the NHL (we hope). He probably won't look much different as a prospect in February 2019 as he does now.

The Great One

No. Hepo was a homerun. Im not comfortable at all with a 14-18 as compensation. Conversely nobodies trading a Necas or a Middlestadt for him. Pat yourself on the back for savvy drafting and walk away.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    No. Hepo was a homerun. Im not comfortable at all with a 14-18 as compensation. Conversely nobodies trading a Necas or a Middlestadt for him. Pat yourself on the back for savvy drafting and walk away.
    I am the one with the pick. I would be giving it for Hepo. I think you read it backward unless I misunderstood your comment.
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Great One

I did.

Yes take Hepo and if he ends up playing Center you can make a really bad pun and call him Hepo-titis C. Then when someone gives you shit for such a distasteful joke you can tell yourself yea that was inappropriate but I still got a 60-70 point forard for a 14-18 pick in 2018.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I did.

Yes take Hepo and if he ends up playing Center you can make a really bad pun and call him Hepo-titis C. Then when someone gives you shit for such a distasteful joke you can tell yourself yea that was inappropriate but I still got a 60-70 point forard for a 14-18 pick in 2018.
    haha thanks. well funny story but not really. my counselor in camp had hepo-C and our bunk had to get shots to make sure we didn't get it. the sad part is it tends to numb your arm and we all had a hockey game later that day. none of us could lift our arms up. I was literally holding the stick with one hand the whole game.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wow, who is this kid?? Hepo is a machine when it comes to putting up points.. I honestly haven't heard of this kid until reading this thread.. He is an assist machine.. I would probably trade the 14-18th overall pick and take a gamble on this prospect..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Wow, who is this kid?? Hepo is a machine when it comes to putting up points.. I honestly haven't heard of this kid until reading this thread.. He is an assist machine.. I would probably trade the 14-18th overall pick and take a gamble on this prospect..
    Wait are you serious that you haven't now herd of him or you just teasing??? Sorry can't tell

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Wait are you serious that you haven't now herd of him or you just teasing??? Sorry can't tell
    I am pretty sure he's kidding. If it were me, I'd trade the pick for Hepo. I don't follow him too closely but he's been racking up points like crazy and is probably closer to the NHL than that pick is.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Magnificent One

thanks all. I ended up making the trade and hope it pays off.

as for him kidding or not. hey you never know. I was on these boards for years giving advice but I knew very little of prospects for a long time as I always played for the win. but now I am trying to learn about them as I go through this rebuild.

The Magnificent One

thanks all. I ended up making the trade and hope it pays off.

as for him kidding or not. hey you never know. I was on these boards for years giving advice but I knew very little of prospects for a long time as I always played for the win. but now I am trying to learn about them as I go through this rebuild.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think that's a fine deal for you. I think Heponiemi was drafted in the Top 20 last year in one of my leagues, and his stock definitely hasn't gone down since then.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    He was an early early pick buy our secret weapon Jouko on here. Hes smashed his pre-draft speculations. Hes looking like a top ten in hindsight...