Thread: waiver deadline, Gaudette or Necas

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default waiver deadline, Gaudette or Necas

As the title states looking for opinion on who to waiver for Gaudette or Necas

Pool details
    Keep 15, draft up to 24 annually
    points only for skaters
    count 10 fowards
    4D
    2 Goalies

I'm thinking Necas as he probably has potential to play on the first line within 3 years and may have a higher ceiling, while Gaudette peaks at 2nd line I think but IMO has a higher ceiling then I think most people believe.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: waiver deadline, Gaudette or Necas

Necas is the answer here
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I think being a Canucks fan it's the Homer effect coming into play. Would be nice to have a Canuck worth protecting though, they tend to go 3 or four rounds earlier then they should lol.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by j2daff View Post
    Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I think being a Canucks fan it's the Homer effect coming into play. Would be nice to have a Canuck worth protecting though, they tend to go 3 or four rounds earlier then they should lol.
    I think Gaudette could turn out to be a useful fantasy asset but the ceiling/pedigree of Necas is to high to pass up.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

As of right now both guys are huge gambles.. We really don't know much about Necas unless you have been streaming his games.. The world junior tournament was too short of a sample size to properly gauge his potential.. Gaudette has had a really good year and we are able to see his games here and there on tv.. But like I said, both are gambles.. You may just want to gamble on the player who you think will have the greater opportunity to succeed..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

I see Necas as having a much higher ceiling. Not to crap on Gaudette but having a linemate as talented as Sikura (by NCAA standards) is a huge contributer to his production. If he doesn't gel with his Canucks teammates in a similar fashion he may never get the opportunities Necas looks destined for.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I picked up Gaudette off the waiver but if I had the choice, I would have picked Necas. I didn't realize another GM in the pool had him and was almost devastated when I found out. I think Gaudette is going to be a pretty good player in Van but from everything I've heard about Necas, I think he's the better option.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

Necas > Gaudette
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

No question Necas. He has top line potential (I'd say his floor is a 2nd line center) while Gaudette is going to probably be more of a strong #3 center with a ceiling of a solid #2. Keep in mind, he's always going to be behind Pettersson and Horvat in Vancouver.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.