Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brett Burns trade holy cow!!!!

The Great One

Default Re: Brett Burns trade holy cow!!!!

That's what happens when you join a pool with people that have that stupid attitude that vetos are only valid if collusion (which everyone knows is impossible to prove anyways). Just want this two swing a ridiculously lopsided trade in the other direction in the off-season.

To be perfectly frank, people who play in this leagues deserve it. What else do you expect when you join a league that allows cheating?

Dobber Sports Ace

Which league is this for? Ita not a good trade but Perry was the salary balance so basically the other gm got a 1+ 2 for Burns and a 3. Not great value at all but I at least see some reason behind it if his team isn?t good. Still should?ve gotten more though.
    I?m just taking a guess as I was in a league with you that this is for a league that imo had a lot of other issues
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    This isn't a trade should be vetoed post as vetos are next to nil in this league and its not really vetoable but just can't wrap my head around this deal. So i guess im just spewing.
    Team A(3rd from bottom) is out of the playoff picture (and going nowhere fast Ud think he'd want to get some nice pieces) and traded Burns to arguably the 2nd best team in league behind me. I still think my team is better and he's going to have cap issues. Its a12 team multicat dynasty (see my sig).

Here's the whole deal:

Team A trades 2019 3rd rdr and Burns for CPerry 2019 2nd rdr 2020 1st rdr.
    What gives?

Dobber Sports Expert

The leagues just dead. Nobody wants to do any work. They post players available and expect others to do work. Or they reject offers with no comment.

Dobber Sports Expert

I've been holding this in too long.
    I emailed the owner that traded BRENT Burns and asked him why he didn't get back to me I would've given him alot more.
    His reply: just sharing the wealth

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Which league is this for? Ita not a good trade but Perry was the salary balance so basically the other gm got a 1+ 2 for Burns and a 3. Not great value at all but I at least see some reason behind it if his team isn?t good. Still should?ve gotten more though.
    I?m just taking a guess as I was in a league with you that this is for a league that imo had a lot of other issues
    Can confirm it's broken.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Can confirm it's broken.
    I agree and some owners said they would welcome a redraft. Yep same owners who done squat to there trams
    Well others have worked hard their teams. U have to root out the teams.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I emailed the owner that traded BRENT Burns and asked him why he didn't get back to me I would've given him alot more.
    Heh... I couldn't resist.

in seriousness it sounds like you need to find a new league
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Ouch... that hurts... is there any collusion involved.. is the last place team trying to help the 2nd place team catch you? that would suck.
    I have reason to believe he is

The Great One

I have reason to believe he is
    Unless you have PROOF, like an FBI-led sting, the anti-veto crowd will laugh at you...

On another note, I have no idea what your motivation is to stay in a league like this. Even without the collusion (at worst) or league destroying trades (at best), what fun is it working to improve a team in a league where nobody else is putting in any effort?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would recommend hiring Horacio from CSI Miami, he could roll up in his hummer, slowly slide his glasses off his face and say "this case is going to be as cold as ice"..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

You and the other guys who are competent need to find a new league. If that legue advertises for owners on here, be willing to post telling people to avoid it, if that's allowed. If that's not allowed, it should be.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Unless you have PROOF, like an FBI-led sting, the anti-veto crowd will laugh at you...

On another note, I have no idea what your motivation is to stay in a league like this. Even without the collusion (at worst) or league destroying trades (at best), what fun is it working to improve a team in a league where nobody else is putting in any effort?
    "Just sharing the wealth" tells me what I need to know if I was a commish, as it's actually more or less a confession. He made a deal speciifcally to favor somebody and spread the welath around, giving a ridiculously good deal to somebody else.

It's nto always impossible to prove things like collusion, because some people are stupid enough to tell you that's what they are doing.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Expert

Yep it was the Commish & he broke his silence today saying "I'm leaving the league after this season. A nice good- bye present from that trade. You can't get around it now.

Very sad

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yep it was the Commish & he broke his silence today saying "I'm leaving the league after this season. A nice good- bye present from that trade. You can't get around it now.

Very sad
    The commissioner of the league made this shady deal?? That is horrible.. So he makes the deal and then announces that he is done after this year.. Wow.. I hope this isn't a league amongst friends..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

Despite the fact I have the top team I just quit. Can't play where there's no integrity.
    Sad thing is I brought good owners to that league hoping things would change. They did there part @ credit to them for going overboard in their activity.