Thread: Gaudette and Sikura WILL REP

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Gaudette and Sikura WILL REP

Just curious but how do you guys think they'll do for me long term. I'm a rebuilding team and got both off the waiver. Well, I traded Labanc for Gaudette. I'm excited to see how they do, just wondering what you experts think.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Gaudette and Sikura WILL REP

I think both are ready to jump to the NHL and play on the 3rd line but I don't see much upside beyond that. Somewhere between good and great 3rd liners but 3rd liners nevertheless. Obviously that doesn't mean they couldn't play in the top-six if needed.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I think both are ready to jump to the NHL and play on the 3rd line but I don't see much upside beyond that. Somewhere between good and great 3rd liners but 3rd liners nevertheless. Obviously that doesn't mean they couldn't play in the top-six if needed.
    I pretty much agree with this. I don't know why, but of the two Gaudette has the better chance of making and sticking on a 2nd line. He's all but assured of getting full time PK duties in his first year (Van can use the help just a little) but for sure when he breaks in, it will be 3rd line role and minutes. I think he's got the upside to push for a top 6 spot if things go well.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm ok with them both being 3rd line guys. Long term, I think they'll contribute more to my team than a lot of other guys I've had or have on my roster. Thanks Gents!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I'm ok with them both being 3rd line guys. Long term, I think they'll contribute more to my team than a lot of other guys I've had or have on my roster. Thanks Gents!
    Yeah, these days 3rd liners can contribute offensively, so playing there is no fantasy hockey purgatory anymore. And a lot of times these good 3rd liners can be good complementary top-six players as well.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Gaudette has a slightly higher upside maybe potential as 2nd liner and a safe 3rd line guy. Brassard, Bonino, Sutter type. Three ex/current Pens for reference.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Jedi

Bozak/JVR/Brown are currently Toronto's 3rd line... it was Kadri last year... so there's still 60pt potential in today's game on the 3rd line
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

I was watching a sports network and some of them were saying teams are trying to roll with 4 scoring lines these days. Which I think rings true when you look at some clubs that have a 3rd or 4th line that are just as good as some other clubs 2nd line. Vegas for example.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In my league Gaudette is very highly valued whereas Sikura is not being discussed much. It's no guarantee for their respective upside but I was under the impression gaudette was the better addition of the two
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    In my league Gaudette is very highly valued whereas Sikura is not being discussed much. It's no guarantee for their respective upside but I was under the impression gaudette was the better addition of the two
    Yeah from what I've read he is the "better" of the two, however Sikura has been spoken highly of as well. Maybe Gaudette helped him with that aspect but some say he's pretty good on his own. With regards to my team, I'll take the risk with both Haha!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think Gaudette will be Vancouvers 2nd line center behind Horvat. Peterson moves to wing