Thread: Darling

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Darling

Shakey first year with CAR. Do you see him turning it around?

Will he become the started Car intended or does he fade back into a back up role?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Darling

At this point there's no evidence to suggest that Darling can reclaim his Chicago level of performance. There's not even been a string of success, only one good game here and there followed by a relapse. We likely need to presume that Darling has a confidence block that he needs to overcome before he can be useful in any role. Something needs to change. I'd look to see how he starts next year, perhaps a new season and a summer of work will reset him. Otherwise, his best chance for being a contributor is to be explicitly assigned a backup role, and the pressure from starting can be lifted. Maybe that's what Darling needs to know to be successful.

Dobber Sports Padawan

He wasn't just shakey this year, he was straight up bad. His confidence was crushed early in the year as he failed to live up to expectations and had a couple HORRIBLE goals scored against him, the most notable of which was Zibanejad's from center ice. Not too long later, the new owner publicly declares that he would have never signed off on the Darling contract/deal.

I'm skeptical that Darling will be able to live up to any expectations in Carolina :S

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    His confidence was crushed early in the year as he failed to live up to expectations and had a couple HORRIBLE goals scored against him
    This.

I've been to 4 games in Carolina this year and in 3 of the 4 he let in a very soft goal early on. I know it's a small anecdotal sample size but man, what that must do to your confidence when you come into a new role on a new team.

For some reason, Hurricanes fans still seem to love (and I mean, love) Cam Ward, so maybe Ward gets extended after this year. I don't see Darling going anywhere with his contract, so it's either another Ward/Darling duo next year, or Ward gets replaced but the 1A/1B scenario remains.

With all of that said, I really hope he turns it around because I traded Kyle Turris for him at the beginning of this season and am waiting patiently for a return!
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Ward, who played last night, is getting the 2nd game in Carolina's b2b. That's how little Peters trusts him. (unless Darling isn't playing for another reason). I am super thankful I snagged Ward before it was too late.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Padawan

I dropped him the first chance I got. I thought maybe it was just a slump but he hasn't done anything to make me think he's going to get better. I kept Ward and glad I did. Even if some rumors about Raanta going there are true, I can at least get some value out of Ward if I trade him
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov