Thread: Mack + for Hellboy/brassard

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Mack + for Hellboy/brassard

been offered my Mack plus toss ins (nothing of note) for hellboy and brassard

for team in sig, I could use a young goalie in this league as they are VERY hard to come by. Im of the opinion that I should accept this deal, but I have a question which is do I counter with taking mack out of the deal and adding stamkos this allows me to keep a younger players, plus I have multiple lightning players in my roster. Or do I just accept and run?
    12 team h2h keeper league. No salary
    Keep 35 before prospect draft carry max 45 through season

Multicat scoring: assists-2pts goals-3pts shootoutgoals-2pts
    Gordiehowe-5pts hits-0.25pts pims-0.5pts plus/minus-1pt
    Powerplaypoint-1pt shorthandedpoint-2pts

Goalie cats: ga- (-1pt) sv-0.2pts shutout-3pts wins-5pts

Forwards: stamkos, benn, Marchand, kucherov, panarin, mackinnon, Crosby, Wheeler, Mantha, perron, marchessault, skinner,

Defencemen: Hedman, Krug, Pietrangelo, shatty, ekblad, ekholm

Goalies: Andersen, hellboy, Demko, Wolf (weekly starts)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Mack + for Hellboy/brassard

I wouldn't say it's a situation of trying to take a deal and run as both MacK and Helle are great young players. I also don't know if you want to be splitting up your Tbay trio?

Can you counter with someone a little better than Brassard coming back to you?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

the other GM is currently in 2nd last, and doesn't have much as far as "older" assets to trade away.

Forwards: stamkos, benn, Marchand, kucherov, panarin, mackinnon, Crosby, Wheeler, Mantha, perron, marchessault, skinner,

The Great One

With Talbot and Bobrovsky, do you really need a goalie?

It's hard to analyze due to your point structure...I don't have time to do the math to see the relative value between goalies and other positions.

I also don't know how many start or count, thus making it even murkier to evaluate.

Dobber Sports Ace

While I wouldn't call your goalie situation dire, you are definitely trading from a position of strength here. Each player comes with his own question marks (this is the first time either one has really broken out in a big, sustained way; is this for real for both of them?), but I think that it is a good trade for you to make goaltending an indisputable strength of yours.

Dobber Sports Stud

I love both Mack and Helly but there is so much variance year over year with goalies and, as others have pointed out, you've already got 2 solid starters on your roster. I also have to think in a 12 team league there will be older guys (think of someone like Lundqvist this year) available every year for a relatively cheap price if you need to bolster your goalies.

Because of the high volatility of goalies in general I tend to be of the opinion that you avoid trading a superstar skater for a superstar goalie. The superstar skater is pretty much guaranteed to be a superstar next year whereas the goalie could suddenly be middle of the pack or worse. This time last year Helly and Vasi were struggling and there were question marks about whether they would even make it as bonafide number 1 goalies whereas Talbot and Murray were 2 of the top 3-4 goalies you'd want if you were starting a team. The goalie landscape shifts too much to give up an asset like Mack for a tender IMO.

I'd stand pat and would look to find cheaper options - either acquire a young back-up/prospect who looks like he could get a shot at starting soon or opt for a veteran who most will deem "over the hill" but who likely has another 3-4 years left in the tank (just think of how little it would have cost you before the season to acquire a guy like Fleury, for example).
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Crap, I see I edited the wrong sig. I have pekka and bob not talbot. Sorry, also of note goalies barely move in this league. They get drafted (prospects) early and held onto till they flop or pan out.

I also don't have bobs backup as the gm who has him will not trade him. So if I get hit by a injury (knock on wood) I'd be in trouble.

Anyone have any more insight?! Im having a hard time with this one and the deadline is coming quickly

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm not trading Mackinnon myself unless the package includes McDavid or Kucherov. Call me nuts but I think he's figured out what Ive believed he's always been capable of.

I think the deal is pretty fair in a league where goalies appear to be coveted. I see your concern going into next season, at some point Rinne won't be the guy and Bob is always an injury away. I hate to give up any of your powerhouse forwards but if probably do this for Stamkos. As mentioned above id like a better forward coming back than Brassard or maybe an added pick.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):