Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: [TRADE] Rick Nash to Boston

The Great One

Default Re: [TRADE] Rick Nash to Boston

The price was steep but I imagine its fallout from the Duchene trade and we may be witnessing the birth of a new precedent being set. That being said Boston NEEDED to trade for depth. Yes that topline is one of the best in the league but you need timely scoring from all three lines to take a series. Without Nash they are way too exposed to having that exposed- now theyve at least got a little jam 0n l2/l3...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I can't believe what Boston paid. Uh, no thanks for a 33 year old free agent that is well past his prime with a poor playoff history. I get the move is an improvement but at what cost...
    We need to calm down a bit.. They didn't give up anything they can't replace.. Was Spooner or Lindgren the future core of this team?? I'm guessing no.. Could the late, late, first rounder turn into something good?? Yes it could, but we won't know that for a long time..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    We need to calm down a bit.. They didn't give up anything they can't replace.. Was Spooner or Lindgren the future core of this team?? I'm guessing no.. Could the late, late, first rounder turn into something good?? Yes it could, but we won't know that for a long time..
    What do you mean by calming down? It's just an opinion.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

I agree with this^^

Ill also add that Sweeney would have sh*t the bed on that pick anyways- so the move carries even less risk :P

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    What do you mean by calming down? It's just an opinion.
    Like let's all do some hot yoga together!!

Administrator

Like let's all do some hot yoga together!!
    Have you ever done hot yoga? It's actually on of the more difficult things I've ever done...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Nash is in the lineup today against Buffalo..

Top PP unit: Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Krug, and Nash!!

He has had 5 or 6 good chances since I started watching with Krejci and DeBrusk..

Dobber Sports Sage

I believe this will work for Boston. So much so that I just added Nash. What's his role? L2 and PP1? Getting that gig on Boston is a pretty cherry assignment. I think Nash will produce well enough to be a fantasy asset down the stretch.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Rick Nash
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Have you ever done hot yoga? It's actually on of the more difficult things I've ever done...
    I sure have.. Loved it!! I bet Rick Nash and Chara will be hitting up some steamy hot yoga!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Well we all knew this was going to happen, not the specifics but certainly the price is in the ball park.

My hunch is Nash is better value than what Minny got for Hanzal, but then again we won't know until the Bruins win it all or go home early.

The latest article from the NY fishwrap is saying that Boston was at or near the top of Nash's "want" list. I think the beantown faithful will see the effort and complete game Rick brings to the ice every game. He is still very quick and can keep up with just about anyone on the ice. He was a great interview and said he loved his time in NY.

He could decide to stay in Boston at a discount, especially if he meshes there. Otherwise I see him returning to MSG for that same discounted price. Note I am not saying I want him to return, only that I can see it happening.

Spooner had 2 assists tonight vs the Wings, so the MSG faithful already like him even if he isn't the fastest guy or the best defensive player. I suspect NY keeps Spooner going into the draft and then looks to make another move at that time. But thats just speculation. If they flip him for another asset, I would be fine with that too.

As a die hard I am very satisfied with the deals so far. I hope the Bruins & Devils are as well.

now NY just can't screw up the draft #NOHUGHJESSIMAN
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Wizard

It seems like a high price but that's common with all trade deadline deals - it's truly a seller's market this year.

That being said, Spooner needs a very sheltered role to play in the NHL, so he wasn't a huge loss. Lindgren is a decent prospect but not high-end by any means. The late 1st round pick is valuable, though. But they also got rid of Beleskey in the deal (or half of his cap hit at least), so that's a positive thing for Boston. So yeah - high price but not crazy considering the cost of other trade deadline deals.

Dobber Sports Giant

good return imo. it'll even look better if he's back in new York next season.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    good return imo. it'll even look better if he's back in new York next season.

I cannot see him in New York next year...

The management sent the letter than they are in rebuild mode... Nash will want a chance at a cup.

Unless he signs a 1 year deal with a MNTC and the Rangers trade him to a contender at the deadline again.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​