Thread: Is Brassard worth droppping one of my guys?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Is Brassard worth droppping one of my guys?

Brassard is still available in my league, but to grab him I'd need to drop a guy. Perry or Muzzin (and roll only 3 D's when I can start 4) would be the likely candidates. Is he going to thrive with the Pens and be a .80 ppg guy, or just a third liner who gives them depth with little fantasy relevance? Would you make a move?

Thanks!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Is Brassard worth droppping one of my guys?

I would not drop Muzzin but Perry I would consider. He's not doing much anyway

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah, Perry would be the guy I suppose. I picked up Lucic for Simmonds, so I guess I have plenty of snarl. But Perry has saved my butt with a couple of fights and misconducts, and the occasional PPP. Not sure if Brassard can do the same, especially if he's not on the number 1 PP. He might not even get on the #2 pp with PIT.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Ace

i could see him on pp2 but I would be hesitant to swap perry for brassard. I mean if you want to gamble and swing for the fences, but he's going from playing L1 PP1 to L3 maybe PP2.
    Read the fantasy impact write up on dobber's home page of the brassard deal.
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would take a chance and drop Perry. He's not doing much and Brassard should get good wingers in Pittsburgh.

Dobber Sports Novice

Keep Perry. He's skating on the top line and top powerplay with great linemates and has been pretty good in that role as of late. Brassard's value actually goes down rather significantly with Pittsburgh since he has almost no shot of getting on PP1 without an injury to one of their top guys and in general will go from an 18-20 min per game player to one that plays in the 13-16 range. If he can stay alongside Kessel and Guentzel he should remain productive at even strength, but he was playing alongside the criminally underrated Mark Stone in Ottawa who he had fantastic chemistry with so it's not like he had scraps in Ottawa even if the rest of the team was a dumpster fire.

Bottom line is that if you didn't want Brassard before, you definitely don't want him now. His role is significantly reduced going forward and when you consider how good Stone has been, it's probably a lateral move in terms of linemate quality.
    12 team Keeper league (G, A, +-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, BLK, GAA, SV%, SV, SO)

Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 7 D, 2 G (5 bench spots)

Current projected keepers (8): Burns, Carlson, Panarin, Simmonds, Monahan, Guentzel, Skinner, Schneider