Default Re: Erik Karlsson Trade Rumor Thread

Karlsson and PK on the same PP:

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SensArmy93 View Post
    Friedman mentioned Nashville joining the contenders on Karlsson. Potentially just Poile driving up the price, but he feels it's not only Tampa making the big push here.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...-trade-happen/
    I don't see why Nashville would trade for EK when the last thing they need is another defenseman and they have the team to win it right now. Doesn't make an ounce of sense and am surprised Friedman would even mention it. Is the kool aid that good?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I personally think the Senators lose any trade for Karlsson because he's damn near irreplaceable and choosing to trade him in fear of paying him is typical of Melnyk and how he's chosen to run his franchise.

Melnyk = Harrold Ballard.
    They are not trading him because they don?t want to pay. They are trading him because he won?t re sign. There?s a difference.

Also please actually read up on Harold Ballard before throwing out a comparison like that. Melnyk doesn?t like spending money excessively, that?s about it. He is not ignoring sexual assaults on minors

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    But Ryan's salary after this season is $7.5M which is higher than his cap hit of $7.25M, so that's a big no-no for their owner.

I wouldn't be shocked to see both Duchene and Stone in trade talks in the summer. That team needs a completely rebuild which will take years.
    No they don?t. They won?t be trading stone. He?s their next captain and wants to be in Ottawa long term. Duchene also confirmed today he wants to be here long term. Stone is definitely untouchable he?s the exact guy you want around in a retool and unlike duchene or karlsson he is an RFA

Yes they would lose karlsson but still have a lot of great pieces to build around .

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I'm just saying, if they trade their best player in franchise history and lose the trade badly........ Heads may roll.. They may roll no matter what happens..
    There is no winning or losing. He?s not going to sign here next year . They can?t win a trade but they wouldn?t lose it either. The return might be disappointing but it?s better than letting him walk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    And he'll continue to complain about attendance
    He was always right to complain about attendance. The fanbase is just not good

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post

Is it a common theme here for mods to be condescending?

Administrator

Is it a common theme here for mods to be condescending?
    I'm not a mod

Dobber Sports Ninja

How can anyone afford seasons tickets...sure, there's the 300's section, but you're better off watching the game on TV because you can actually see the players. $100+++(parking, concessions, etc) for a night out to watch an over-coached league that is not exciting on most nights is just a horrible waste of money. Have any of you watched a Red Wings game over the last few years? Notice large gaps of empty seats in the lower bowl? I haven't heard their owner complaining about attendance issues. He just sells more pizza! lol Regular season NHL = boring product, poor value for your money.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm not a mod
    Hey, me neither!! Also, I thought your post was sarcastic more than condescending. I guess it could have been a little of column A and a little of column B.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Hey, me neither!! Also, I thought your post was sarcastic more than condescending. I guess it could have been a little of column A and a little of column B.
    I'd be up for making a poll for this. The outcome wouldn't matter though.

Dobber Sports Stud

If, and I know it’s a big if, but if Karlsson somehow finds his way to Tampa, in real life, that’s a great move for the team. But what do people think about how that might impact the fantasy value of both EK and the plays already there? I think it will hurt some guys a bit. For example, what happens to the PP1 unit? Does a forward get dropped so that they can roll 2 dmen in Hedman and EK, or does Hedman move to PP2? IMHO it probably would spread the points around a bit more so some of the top end guys (or maybe just Hedman) are involved on fewer of them. Don’t get me wrong, Tampa would be a dynamic team in real life, just thinking through the fantasy implications.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    If, and I know it?s a big if, but if Karlsson somehow finds his way to Tampa, in real life, that?s a great move for the team. But what do people think about how that might impact the fantasy value of both EK and the plays already there? I think it will hurt some guys a bit. For example, what happens to the PP1 unit? Does a forward get dropped so that they can roll 2 dmen in Hedman and EK, or does Hedman move to PP2? IMHO it probably would spread the points around a bit more so some of the top end guys (or maybe just Hedman) are involved on fewer of them. Don?t get me wrong, Tampa would be a dynamic team in real life, just thinking through the fantasy implications.
    I personally think it's too many cooks in the kitchen. And it would take Karlsson and Hedman some time to get used to the ice time change, and role change. Like kinda when Shattenkirk went to Caps, took some time for him to get comfortable playing his new role where he wasn't the Powerplay Guy.

Or Subban in Preds. He took some time in his first yr to adjust.

2018-19 season tho, I think it would be insane.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Its not like Hedman hasnt been bumped to PP2 before. He was there behind Stalman not so long ago.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

The unit as a whole would get better but there's only so much puck to go around. It won't be as simple as maximum production for every player at the same time.