Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Erik Karlsson Trade Rumor Thread

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Erik Karlsson Trade Rumor Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I'm gonna guess a team - St. Louis.

Ottawa has apparently asked about Fabbri, and we know the Blues are talking to Ottawa about Hoffman. Maybe they've discussed Karlsson.

Jordan Kyrou is on the TSN trade bait board as there have been rumours around him.

No shock but I also read the preference is to send Karlsson out West - despite all the reports about Tampa being interested. Karlsson wants to play for a contender, St. Louis would become that with him on the roster no doubt.
    and then you look at their blue line - gunnarsson is gone this year, Parayko, Dunn, Walman and then Fabbri, Kyrou - they have lots of pieces available to get it done. STL is likely very tired of not taking that next step.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Maybe.... I doubt it.. but maybe.. the Flyers step up and take a chance on Ryan at a price reduction. It is close to home for him...

I highly doubt that Hextall (who has shown little risk and lots of patience in his moves) would make this, but it is a 100 speculation/rumour thread.

Dobber Sports Stud

Tb would and could give a ton. Raddysh sergachev point and picks
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    Tb would and could give a ton. Raddysh sergachev point and picks
    they're just loaded, Ingram, Joseph, Cirelli, Howden, Hajek, Katchouk Volkov, Erne

They could make this deal giving up 3 of these guys and not miss a beat

Dobber Sports Rookie

Lost in all this is Ottawa still has a coach that prefers playing veterans to youngsters. How does Boucher deal with the re-build?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by siwel View Post
    Lost in all this is Ottawa still has a coach that prefers playing veterans to youngsters. How does Boucher deal with the re-build?
    he quit and gets hired as Mtl's next coach

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by siwel View Post
    That’s been overstated. Many coaches prefer this and start younger guys on lower lines.

I think both TB and STL are pushing for this..

Both teams could trade a boat load of prospects..

Would TB trade: Johnson, Sergachev, and Raddysh/Katchouk??

Would St.Louis trade: Fabbri, Kyrou, and Dunn/Walman??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    We need a shutdown guy like McDonagh more than we need a point-getter like EK and we could get McD for a lower price....
    (I understand what you are saying but wanted to add this)

Anytime you can get a 27 year old Harvey, Park, Robinson, Coffey, Bourque, Lidstrom, Karlsson you take it. Don't think, just act.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Guru

I posted this somewhere else, but I'm going to guess Karlsson to Montreal for Weber, with other pieces mixed in. Weber's contract drops to $6 million a year starting next year, and is only owed $28 million over next six years, but his cap hit is still $7.8ish million. Ottawa loves getting players with high cap hits they don't need to pay a lot of money to, and get a player that is still under contract for six more years.

Habs have the cap space to take on Bobby Ryan as well. Hopefully he can play centre.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I posted this somewhere else, but I'm going to guess Karlsson to Montreal for Weber, with other pieces mixed in. Weber's contract drops to $6 million a year starting next year, and is only owed $28 million over next six years, but his cap hit is still $7.8ish million. Ottawa loves getting players with high cap hits they don't need to pay a lot of money to, and get a player that is still under contract for six more years.

Habs have the cap space to take on Bobby Ryan as well. Hopefully he can play centre.
    That would just be a hilarious mess.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I posted this in the Brassard thread, but def. deserves to be here as well:

TB's been working tirelessly for three straight days to get an EK deal done. They're on the phones with 3rd teams with cap space to make it work with Ryan as well. Yzerman seems to have zeroed in on a target
    Karlsson IN Tampa? As a Karlsson owner this excites me. As a Leaf fan.... frig. Rich get richer.

Karlsson is going to cost a kings randsom.. This is going to be the end of Ottawa management if they mess this one up!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

this is one of the most unlikely trade suggestions I’ve seen yet. Nobody is taking Weber

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Karlsson is going to cost a kings randsom.. This is going to be the end of Ottawa management if they mess this one up!!
    No it won’t be. They just extended management. Management will only change , if they choose, once new ownership is in

Dobber Sports Deity

Does Bobby Ryan play center? LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."