Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prospect offer

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Prospect offer

League in sig.
    OGM has a boner for my Henrik Borgstrom. He is offering Tyson Jost.
    Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Prospect offer

In the wise words of the Sugarhill Gang "Jump on it"
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

I actually like Borgstrom more than Jost. I think Borgstrom will surprise a lot of people very soon. I like Jost as well but I think he'll be a better real-life player than a fantasy hockey player.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I actually like Borgstrom more than Jost. I think Borgstrom will surprise a lot of people very soon. I like Jost as well but I think he'll be a better real-life player than a fantasy hockey player.
    Fair enough. Maybe I'm a little higher on Jost. JP knows prospects better than I do, so maybe believe him a little more than me. It's all just opinions at this point though
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Jost has the name, the draft pedigree, and is already in the National. I would think a lot of people would say to jump on it, EskiBro.
    I really like Borgstrom though too. And J-P always has the goods on the European prospects.
    It's a tough call, which is why I brought it up here.

Dobber Sports Ace

If Borgstrom has the higher ceiling, then I guess the only difference is if you need a prospect who's here and producing, or if you can afford to wait and have the higher upside guy on your farm. With prospects, sometimes that's the difference maker in your league's valuation of that player.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    If Borgstrom has the higher ceiling, then I guess the only difference is if you need a prospect who's here and producing, or if you can afford to wait and have the higher upside guy on your farm. With prospects, sometimes that's the difference maker in your league's valuation of that player.
    That's true but I think Borgstrom signs with the Panthers after his college season is over and could spend the rest of the season with them if they're in the playoff hunt. He's NHL ready now.

Dobber Sports Deity

I like both kids and I dont know if you win or lose this trade. Both have excellent upside. The biggest difference is that Jost is better known today. Borgstrom is going to be a person a lot of non-hockey fanatics are going to come out and say "woah, who is this kid and where did he come from?" sooner then we expect.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

That's true but I think Borgstrom signs with the Panthers after his college season is over and could spend the rest of the season with them if they're in the playoff hunt. He's NHL ready now.
    Only thing is that the Final four ends at the same time as the NHL season, so if they go far in the tournament he'll likely only get 1-2 games if that

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm looking for the long-term upside here. Neither player will be deployed for me this season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Long-term upside, I like Borgstrom.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Icon

Tyson Jost would be my choice and it's not that close. How anyone can say Borgstrom has higher upside than Tyson Jost is beyond me.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Tyson Jost would be my choice and it's not that close. How anyone can say Borgstrom has higher upside than Tyson Jost is beyond me.
    Yeah, well, I'm not sure how many of Borgstrom's games you've watched this season but he's such a dynamic offensive player and has all the tools to become a legit #1 center with high offensive totals, and I just don't see those kind of traits in Jost's game.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yeah, well, I'm not sure how many of Borgstrom's games you've watched this season but he's such a dynamic offensive player and has all the tools to become a legit #1 center with high offensive totals, and I just don't see those kind of traits in Jost's game.
    Completely agree.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Stud

I prefer Jost. Already proving himself as an NHL player and has decent upside. Borgstrom is riskier and IF his upside is higher it wouldn't be much higher so not worth the increased risk IMO. Borgstrom's college numbers are nice but if Jost was in college this year I have no doubt he'd be putting up similar numbers (while being a year younger).