Thread: Big Holtby Trade in Dyanasty

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Big Holtby Trade in Dyanasty

Hi everyone,

I don't post often but have followed these forums and Dobber guides for years. I'm curious about your thoughts on the trade below in a dynasty league. My team is in the top 3 and I'm going for the win this year and want to compete for the championship for years to come. I'm nervous about trading away Holtby, but want more consistent scoring categories. League size, stats and categories below in my signature. Thanks in advance.
    Deal would be me trading away the following:

Holtby, Pamlieri, Palat, Valentine Zykov (Prospect), 2019 2nd & 3rd draft picks

for

Kopitar, Schwartz and Carlson
    16 Team H2H: G/A/PIM/Hits/Blks/PPP/STP/FOW/SOG/ SV%/GAA/SO/SA

Centers: Stamkos, Tavares, Schmaltz, Backstrom, Draisaitl, Larkin
    Left Wing: Pacioretty, Forsberg, Drouin, Kovy
    Right Wing: Kucherov, Radulov, Hertl, Bertuzzi, Shore
    Defence: Burns, Byfuglien, Carlson, Weber, Pulock, E. Johnson
    Goalie: Price, Murray

Farm:
    Borgstrom, Veleno, Fox, Saarela, Sikura, Bemstrom, Hirose, Priskie, Veronneau, Steen, Khovonov

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Big Holtby Trade in Dyanasty

I'd say of the 3 you're getting back two are over performing this year - Kopitar and Carlson.

In dynasty leagues like this top end goalies seem to come at a premium that I don't feel like you're quite getting. With your trio you don't even have to think about that position right now. What happens if Murray gets hurt next season as he seems to every season. You're left with bishop and waiver wire back ups. I think I'd pass and find another way to boost your scoring. I'd be more open to moving bishop.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't like it. Holtby should net you a bigger star in return than Kopi. I would also say that Holtby on his own he should net you that size of a return. Let your league know he's available and see what else comes up.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't like it either. Like MZac pointed out, Kopitar and Carlson are over performing this year and Holtby is underperforming. It's not a good time to be selling him.