Thread: Added Tank/P Kane/M Smith

The Great One

Default Added Tank/P Kane/M Smith

Ive been in 4th/5th most of the season and in the last month have added Taraseno (for Boeser whose slowed down), Kane for basically OEL and a first in 2020 (got Ekholm back) and M Smith for Dell, Reimer and a pick.

New full roster:

C-Kadri, Ziba, Gallagher
    LW- Forsberg, Hall, E Kane
    RW- P Kane, Tarasenko, Neal
    F- Skinner, Perron, Vanek
    D- Hamilton, Ekholm, Sergachev, C Miller, Klefbom
    G- Andersen, Quick
    BN- M Smith, Saros, Buchnevich, Tuch, J Anderson, Hartman, Maroon, Jarnkrok

Im a tad over the cap so Jarnkrok on the bench for Hasrtnell right now- could of taken Cammallerri but Hartnell hihger yahoo ranking.

Thoughts?

The Great One

Default Re: Added Tank/P Kane/M Smith

My thoughts:

C- Kadri, Ziba, Gallagher- A weak spot- but the peripherals help. Zibas a volume shooter (per 60) with for real upside. Kadri and Gallagher are both playing to the top of their game which includes voluminous shots, a decent amount of pims and the higher side of ppp theyll likely have exposure too. Verdict? B-: This would get a solid B in my books except for the fct that theres no real gambreaker here- I like the sum here- but no part especially sticks out.

LW- Hall, Forsberg, Skinner- Alwayss been a strong suit. Hall at the top of his game (nice buy low going int the season), FF a consistent beast with upside (bought medium going into the season- cost Theodore plus- dont hate that deal), and Skinner- sog beast whose a sleeping giant. Love all dat. Verdict: A, a supertar i the works with a supertar in the making, tapped off by an obvious candidate for superstardom. Easy A...

RW- P Kane, Tarasenko, Neal- Was a weakness (lead by Boeser) until I added Tarasenko AND P Kane- Boom motha****a!!! Now my top three are Tarasenko, P Kane and Neal whose a goal heavy, sog monstrous, 60 point guy with pimmy runs to boot. Verdict: A+, was origibnally a weakness but somehow added two of the best RWers in the game. Neals an easy slot in at 3 now that the top two are cemented.

F- E Kane, Perron, Vanek- E Kane a beast as per HPG. Perron a full blown doopleganger of a ppg player. Vanek is a guy I almost passed on whose a pure mercenary on a 60 point pace for 2 million. Verdict: A, Just brilliant.

D- Hamilton, Sergachev, Ekholm, C Miller, Klefbom- Was soooo good to start- but did not play out like I expected. Since the start of the season Ive replaced Krug with Sergachev (Tarasenko trade), AND OEL for Ekholm (P Kane trade). So I guess my hypothetical D-core took a hit to improve my wingers- but in "real life" production Im pretty close to where I was at. Factor in that C Miller has really over achieved and Dougie Hamilton is a second half wunderkind and youve got a decent blueline downw thestretch. Versict: B, Pre-seasonI would have called it A+, but Im happy with a solid B rating here all things considered.

G- Im including my bench on this one. Andersen... Quick... Smith... in a 14 team league?? Thats sick. Throw in Saros as a once a week bench option and encumbent starter and youve got a real party time situation on your hands. Verdict: A+, goalies are weird vooodoo magic- but when you have 3 guys in the top 5-10 in a 14 tam league- youre killing it. Note to self: never trade these beasts!!!

BN (Part 1)- Buchnevich, Tuch- The booch and tooch. Theyve both struggled but showed serious "here and now" promise with immense upside on ELCs. Verdict: A-, not at all dissapointed but neither a true game breaker or even projecting to be at this point.

BN (Part 2)- Anderson, Maroon, Hartman, Jarnkrok- These guys all come in under 2 which leaves them waiver exempt. They also fill a significant need in pims and in some cases more sogs. I appreciate the peskiness/scrapiness in this group and I feel like they spare me the need to roster a bunch of ELC's. These guys bring moderate scoring, legit pims, decent plus/minus (which I dont really track), and in most cases decent sogs- for under 2 mil a piece. Verdict: B, Not asking for much here- but these guys deliver and fill a niche. I feel my team comp is unique because of them too. I dont have to take wild swings on ELCs that either go crazy or snuff right out. I get decent steady cntributions at a miderate pe=rice range- life us good.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Added Tank/P Kane/M Smith

I love the 3 trades for you.. Your goalies are really solid for a 14 team league.. Andersen and Quick alone, then you add M.Smith to the stable.. Saros is going to be a valuable asset aswell soon!!

Boeser is tough to give up but getting Tarasenko is a deal I would do everyday of the week!! Tarasenko is a beast.. Trading OEL must have been tough but you bought low on P.Kane and I like it!! Ekholm can help fill part of the gap left by OEL's departure..

Great deals Emu!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..