Thread: wedgewood/rieder for Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default wedgewood/rieder for Kuemper

Not sure I understand this one. Do know that Kuemper went from a serviceable back up on LA to an afterthought in AZ. Maybe a prelude to another deal but I do find this one to be a head scratcher.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: wedgewood/rieder for Kuemper

Why is he an afterthought in Arizona? He just got there LOL!

He was playing like a starter in LA, but then again, a lot of goalies come out of LA looking like gold and falter elsewhere.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sorry, fantasy afterthought. I had confidence with the Kings playing in front of him. Not so much now. He did ink an extension with AZ so they must see something in him. I thought he was decent when given a chance in Minny and AZ is playing better since hjalmarsson has gotten back...but still...even when he's in nets now I'll be watching the match ups more closely.

Dobber Sports Monster

I am guessing the Kings asked Kuemper what he was looking for on his next contract and didn't like what they heard. He gets 1.8 AAV from Coyotes which is pretty good for a backup. He's played well though so he earned it. They get Wedgie and Rieder, a guy to add to their forward depth. It's an odd trade because we don't often see goalie swaps, but it kinda makes sense to me.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I am guessing the Kings asked Kuemper what he was looking for on his next contract and didn't like what they heard. He gets 1.8 AAV from Coyotes which is pretty good for a backup. He's played well though so he earned it. They get Wedgie and Rieder, a guy to add to their forward depth. It's an odd trade because we don't often see goalie swaps, but it kinda makes sense to me.
    Maybe Kuemper also saw a chance to play more in Az. Still, would love to see the Islanders solve two problems by trading Halak/package for OEL/Raanta.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wonder if Arizona realizes that Kuemper is not that great? I mean he was awful in Minnesota and hardly reliable. He was OK as a backup but nothing special. i think the Kings' defence made him look much better than what he actually is.
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen