Thread: Benn vs. Backstrom ROS and keeper

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Benn vs. Backstrom ROS and keeper

Points-only league, keep 5 players. Weekly lineups, start 6 forwards and 3 D-men (and a goalie).

In the hunt for a championship this year. Have an offer on the table from an owner interested in Benn long-term. Offering Backstrom, Couturier and Pietrangelo.

My first focus is on this year. I figure Couturier pretty much replaces Benn. Pietrangelo would upgrade my depth at D, but not a huge leap other than providing some injury buffer.

So the wildcard is Backstrom. I haven't followed him closely this year, but certainly seems to be on the downswing. Probably wouldn't crack my starting lineup most weeks based on his current production. Is this a down year? How big a drop-off as a keeper would he be compared to Benn in this format. Any chance of a resurgence down the stretch?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Benn vs. Backstrom ROS and keeper

I'd take this deal and run in points only. Id prefer Backstrom alone moving forward (points only) to benn. Don't let one off year fool you.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ace

Without seeing the rest of your team, and who you would have to drop, this seems like a good deal to me (especially with the way Couturier has been playing this year).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No brainer win now move for you