Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Karlsson on top of TSN Trade Bait

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Karlsson on top of TSN Trade Bait

It's also about who they can afford if a team takes Ryan off their hands financially and cap hit wise. The team is an internal cap team and Bobby Ryan is taking a large portion of that and their "core" is up to be resigned soon.

Player z is worth less than Player "less than Z"+Stone/Hoffman resigned.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It's also about who they can afford if a team takes Ryan off their hands financially and cap hit wise. The team is an internal cap team and Bobby Ryan is taking a large portion of that and their "core" is up to be resigned soon.

Player z is worth less than Player "less than Z"+Stone/Hoffman resigned.
    yes, but no player W and shittier Player X doesnt add up...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    yes, but no player W and shittier Player X doesnt add up...
    what?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Senators owners is so cheap, I wouldn't be shocked to see something like a 2nd round pick for Karlsson and Ryan. They just want to get rid of Ryan and will sacrifice Karlsson to get it done.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    The Senators owners is so cheap, I wouldn't be shocked to see something like a 2nd round pick for Karlsson and Ryan. They just want to get rid of Ryan and will sacrifice Karlsson to get it done.
    that would be crazy and Garth Snow like... wait wait... take that back... Pete Chia like.

But I'm actually in the minority that says I expect to see EK gone. Some team is going to recognize the fact that they could land argueably the best and most coveted D for their playoff run this year and next and in doing so, gain the opportunity to extend (or not). His value may be high in the Summer, but to a playoff team... his value is HUGE now in that they could have EK for 2 playoff runs before they have to worry about the "PAY DAY".

I say he's gone before the deadline if Melnyk has anything to say about it... first BIG decision as CEO of the SENS.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    what?
    lol..

just trying to follow the same track i was on. yes i can see how Player z is worth less than Player "less than Z"+Stone/Hoffman resigned, but teh Player W and a downgrade to a shittier Player X doesnt add up to teh Stone / Hoffman signing difference.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think he's gone. Likely not during the deadline as it usually ends up being too complicated with cap implications, but at the draft. He's not re-signing in Ottawa, primarily due to Melnyk.

It's been said previously, and I agree, if any deal includes Ryan, the price comes way down.

Unfortunately for Ottawa, I don't see them winning this trade, regardless of when it happens.

Dobber Sports Pro

Welp this is what happens when you have a shitty owner that doesn't care about the team's players or fans.

I hope Karlsson gets out of there because last year's run was the farthest the Sens will get for the next 5 years.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    every team would be crazy not to do a flyby and kick the tires...no news here

this is getting out of control. i agree that Dorion should have put these flames out a while back by saying he's absolutely NOT trading EK, but since he hasn't its lit teh speculation (by teh media!!) that hes not NOT considering trading EK which has lead to teams supposedly sending in offers?!

and IF this does happen (i again say it's not even close) they are better off not tying BR to EK. it diminishes his return so badly it just doesn't make sense. yes BR has a brutal contract, but that's just a weight they have to carry. "We would give you W,X,Y and Z but you are making us take BR so we are only offering a shittier X,Y and a smaller Z"
    Personally I don?t see the point saying they won?t trade him because then if they did, people would call them liars etc . Staying silent is the right move here. Let Toronto media be the fools they are

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Welp this is what happens when you have a shitty owner that doesn't care about the team's players or fans.

I hope Karlsson gets out of there because last year's run was the farthest the Sens will get for the next 5 years.
    Game 7 of the eastern final? That could definitely be the farthest , but you can say that about any team he may end up on. There’s no guarantee that he wins a cup or even reaches a final anywhere else. Seems like an odd comment to make , but whatever . I know one thing I’d bet on is karlsson not having any more fantasy relevance on other teams

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I think he's gone. Likely not during the deadline as it usually ends up being too complicated with cap implications, but at the draft. He's not re-signing in Ottawa, primarily due to Melnyk.

It's been said previously, and I agree, if any deal includes Ryan, the price comes way down.

Unfortunately for Ottawa, I don't see them winning this trade, regardless of when it happens.
    If a player won’t re sign and you have to trade him, there’s no winning or losing a trade. You have to trade him.

In this case there’s also strong rumours of new ownership being annoucned this offseason which could turn this whole thing upside down . Even without that, I don’t think anyone can sit here and say he won’t re sign in Ottawa with Melnyk . It’s all speculation and mostly from Toronto media who needs trade deadline ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    This must be a joke but that would never happen in a million years.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Remember that time Stevie Y was able to get a Vezina-quality goalie from Ottawa for Cory Conacher? I can't wait to see what he dupes the Sens into taking for Karlsson.
    10 Team H2H ESPN Keeper - G, A, PIM, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK, DEF, STP, W, SO, SV, GAA, SV%
    ================================================== ===========================
    Forwards: McDavid, Matthews, Ovechkin, Couture, Toews, Henrique, Perry, Perron, Maroon, Galchenyuk, Neal, R. Smith, Parise, Stastny, Konecny, Patrick
    Defence: Ristolainen, Josi, Hamilton, Giordano, Fowler, Ekholm, Schultz
    Goalies: Fleury, Lundqvist, Smith
    IR: Crawford

Dobber Sports Guru

My wish:

Montreal trades Weber to Ottawa for Karlsson. Other pieces are obviously added.

Weber is signed for six more years, but starting this summer, his actual salary drops to $6 million for four years until dropping to $3 million and finally $1 million. Plus all his signing bonuses are done. So he'll only be paid $28 million over the next six years despite having a cap hit of $7.85 million.

That's the craziest, but most plausible trade I can come up with.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Pro

I will toss out an idea, surprise Vegas make splash to push for Cup in year 1.

Theodore + Suzuki + Dansk + 1st + 2nd for Karlsson & Ryan.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg