Thread: Toffoli out, Patrick Kane in :P

The Great One

Default Toffoli out, Patrick Kane in :P

Swung a deal. In a salary cap dynasty like this 1st rounders obviously have immense value. Also that being said Kasne is not "cheap" at all perse at 10.5 mil- but Im pretty happy to have him incoming. I was 4th last week- lost 7-6 last week and slipped to 4 by one point- so that gives an idea where Im at. That being said I just completed 3 big deals to replace Boeser with Tarasenko, bring in Mike Smith as my number 3, and some multi cat mercenaries in Gallagher and Maroon. This trade follows that trend adding Josh Anderson, Ekholm and of course Patty "Sugar Kane" Kaner.

My OEL/Toffoli/Palmieri/Hayden/Bracco/1st in 2020
    for P Kane/Ekholm/Anderson/Ho-Sang/4th in 18

Short term Ekholm actually ends up being an upgrade over OEL but obviously anyone who follows fantasy hockey to any legitmate degree knows thats not gonna stay that way- lmao! That being said- his contract is solid and hes got a "floor" I really like adding to my D-corps (Hamilton and Sergachev can provide the upside :P ). Anderson rates surprisingly well as per HPG in our scoring and that 1.8 million dollar contract is silky smooth sexy :P. These two affordable cap hits are what enabled the Kane salary- although it means demoting Jarnkrok for Cammallerri until I can swing another deal. Im hoping I didnt miss something and overpay for Kane but his floor, upside, ppp contributions and high end sogs- look like a recipe for success even with that cap hit.

So including that swap its an active roster hit of:

INCOMING: Kane, Anderson, Ekholm, Cammalerri
    OUTGOING: OEL, Toffoli, Palmieri, Jarnkrok
    * Jarnkrok still availbale on farm team as an injury replacement call up

Am I missing something? Cap leagues confuse me AND the 1st is a big deal- BUT am I right in being happy with this trade in a year where Im going for it?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Toffoli out, Patrick Kane in :P

Does Kane actually earn that cap hit in fantasy points? Does he have to score 100 pts for you to break even on the cap hit?

The Great One

Yea pretty much- his peripherals especially ppp and sogs help a lot. It also depends on the format. We play at 105 (30 floating above the cap) for a 27 man roster so were tight but not stupid tight (Id guess just a tad on the tighter side in the grand scheme of things). My thinking is you have to pay for your premier forwards- there are a pethora of 40-50 point players you can get a lot cheaper than 1 million per point. That logic DOES hold but I feel like the universal logic is that you overpay for hihger end scoring because you can add those 40-50 point ELCs to the bottom of your roster. Hes having an off year and is essentially a ppg while stuffing hard to fill cats (again- ppp and sogs)- I think thats worth paying the price. Theres TWO things I should acknowledge right now:

1) I think he ages well BUT by the time he starts fading into the 65 point range- 10.5 WILL be a huge burden (AKA straight droppable) and....

2) Im NOT an expert- lol! Thats why I posted this. Its whacked but I actually feel more safe with Ekholm and Anderson- lol! You need to build your roster around a guy like Kane and honestly Ive literally never owned him before- so I dont know what to expect. That being said he scored 2 points (1g, 1a) and 7 sogs the first night I theoretically owned him (wasnt officially on my roster )- but that bodes well i think. Also I dont "pursue" +/- but this is literally the first year hes projected to finish as a minus so hopefully theres a correction coming down the pipeline

Dobber Sports Ace

I think you did quite well emu. Oel will likely get paid too and I?d much rather have pkane. I think Anderson gives you some sneaky value. The 1st hurts, but it?s patty Kane so ya gotta pay

The Great One

Thanks mang- my thoughts too. I was actually more reticent than you might think because Im new to cap leagues and that ones a beast=- hahaha! That being said Ive always heard it said that you make room/build around players like that. I think P Kane still has close to a ppg floor for the next few years and if anything has a season or two with upside if he ends up getting Panarin level linemates at any time in the future. Dang I wish Hartman was that guy :P