Thread: Allen or Murray long term keeper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Allen or Murray long term keeper

I'm competing for a win this season. I've been offered Murray for my Allen and Pasternak. I take a small hit in points today but by the end of the year Murray over Allen in total wins and shut outs? Long term years ahead is Murray better then Allen in a keeper? I'm a bit nervous about Jarry making a move to supplant Murray one day.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Allen or Murray long term keeper

Impossible to answer this question without knowing more about your league set-up. It's me posting on here asking how I should dress for my big day tomorrow without giving any details on what it is I'm doing or where in the world I live.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Just looking for a thought on whether allen or murray end up with more wins and shut outs at the end of the year and long term thoughts on the same. Allen seems to be struggling but should be the goalie going forward. Murray younger and 2 cups under his belt but injuries seems to plague him and has Jarry breathing down his neck. Is he so entrenched as the starter in pit that Jarry isn't a concern? Who in general is a better keeper pool goalie long term Allen or Murray? 2 points for a win 3 for a shutout 1 for ot loss.

Dobber Sports Deity

With the limited info, I'm going with Murray. I like Allen but Murray is still the better option for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Just looking for a thought on whether allen or murray end up with more wins and shut outs at the end of the year and long term thoughts on the same. Allen seems to be struggling but should be the goalie going forward. Murray younger and 2 cups under his belt but injuries seems to plague him and has Jarry breathing down his neck. Is he so entrenched as the starter in pit that Jarry isn't a concern? Who in general is a better keeper pool goalie long term Allen or Murray? 2 points for a win 3 for a shutout 1 for ot loss.
    Murray is the better goalie, I don't think you'll find much debate on that here. You mention Allen + Pastrnak vs Murray though, which is a trade that can range from great to terrible depending on the set up.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Ace

I like Murray a little better, at least for the next couple of seasons. I think as long as Crosby and Malkin are dominant players, Rutherford is going to sell the farm to keep that team in cup contention.