Thread: Raanta vs Hutton ROS

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Raanta vs Hutton ROS

Which of the two do you like down the stretch for the playoff push?
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Raanta vs Hutton ROS

It's hard to tell. Obviously Hutton is in the way better team, but with him you will be more worried about shareing the net with Allen. Raanta is the starter for Arizona and he continue to prove that hi is a starter in this league. I drafted Raanta in my all 3 leagues and I have been patient in the first half of the season. Now he is giving me the results
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Prodigy

See how Allen does the next game and go by that if he falls again stick with hutton

Dobber Sports Ace

Depending on your playoff weeks, St. Louis has back to back games in two of those weeks. Depending on perspective, that means that Hutton will get at least one start each of those weeks, or he'll lose at least one start each of those weeks.

Allen has started two of the last three games. The pendulum seems to be swinging back toward Allen.

Taking those two things into consideration, I'd go with Raanta.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Would you be absolutely starting one of these goalies down the stretch or is this a fill in the gap situation?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by BealestreetTyrant View Post
    Would you be absolutely starting one of these goalies down the stretch or is this a fill in the gap situation?
    Yeah, I would be playing one of these guys down the stretch. We play a weekly matchup, daily lineup with 2 goalie positions per night and 3 goalies on the roster. So most of the time goalies play in each game they're in the lineup except for busy nights if I have all 3 goalies playing.

Our weekly playoffs start in 2 weeks and in that week ARI plays 4 games and STL only plays twice. In the following week STL plays 4 (with a b2b) and ARI 3 games....
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker View Post
    Yeah, I would be playing one of these guys down the stretch. We play a weekly matchup, daily lineup with 2 goalie positions per night and 3 goalies on the roster. So most of the time goalies play in each game they're in the lineup except for busy nights if I have all 3 goalies playing.

Our weekly playoffs start in 2 weeks and in that week ARI plays 4 games and STL only plays twice. In the following week STL plays 4 (with a b2b) and ARI 3 games....
    Well, you could expect 6-7 starts from Raanta, maybe 2-3 wins? ARZ has won 4 straight and I wouldn't expect that trend to continue - but I don't follow them closely enough. As noted above, crease ownership is by the game in St. Louis, and it's tough to say if Hutton gets relegated behind Allen, splits it, or starts the majority. Based on expected volume, I would go Raanta. And if the Dogs play above .500 hockey, I think you come out ahead.

That said, if you believe Hutton will start, I would certainly take the win probability of the Blues; problem is, is that Mike Yeo is super unpredictable and Hutton has posted better numbers. Blues have a tougher schedule too against the Sharks, Jets, Preds and Wild.
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto