Thread: Konecny (2nd half break-out?)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Konecny (2nd half break-out?)

Hi all,

I've been keeping an eye on Konecny since he came into the league, and in the last 20-25 games he has really turned it on! (23 pts in the last 23 GP, 11 of those points being goals).

Now he's only lifted off this year when he was put on Giroux/Couturiers top line, but he has held his own, a fair amount of primary assists and goals on players not named Giroux/Couturier. Now the question is, are we witnessing a flash-in the pan or a legit 2nd half breakout? Naturally, it really comes down to when Voracek is moved back to the first line, but so far it seems as the split of Voracek/Giroux is benefiting the team very nicely. Some supporting facts for Konecny's success:

- 20 years old, drafted 2015, 24 Overall
    - Each of his 4 OHL seasons he improved his PPG (from 1.11 to 1.13 to 1.55 to 1.81)
    - He's already beaten his point total from his first an only season in 15 less games (55 GP instead of 70 GP last season).

He's definitely quickly creeping up my keeper list and making me consider if I should consolidate some keepers (2 for 1 upgrade) and keep Konecny, hes still ranked 179 on Dobbers keeper list, but should see huge gains next month! Would love to hear your thoughts on this hopeful gem
    - Keeper League / 10 Keepers / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W - 2 PT per SO -

F: Rantanen, Monahan, Barkov, Aho, Wheeler, Keller, Nylander J. Hughes, Reinhart. W. Karlsson, Konecny, Rust, E. Staal, Killorn, Getzlaf,
    D: Krug, Gustafsson, Provorov, Morrissey, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Jarry, Rittich, Murray

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Konecny (2nd half break-out?)

He's got some pedigree, and has really clicked on that top line. Let's assume sts a breakout and enjoy the ride.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Konecny (2nd half break-out?)

Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    He's got some pedigree, and has really clicked on that top line. Let's assume sts a breakout and enjoy the ride.
    Hah thats how Im playing it, I guess at this point theres only sitting and waiting since he has so little plated in the NHL in his career!
    - Keeper League / 10 Keepers / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W - 2 PT per SO -

F: Rantanen, Monahan, Barkov, Aho, Wheeler, Keller, Nylander J. Hughes, Reinhart. W. Karlsson, Konecny, Rust, E. Staal, Killorn, Getzlaf,
    D: Krug, Gustafsson, Provorov, Morrissey, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Jarry, Rittich, Murray