Thread: your input for Owen Tippett

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default your input for Owen Tippett

I was wondering what you think about Owen Tippett. Is it a sure NHLer in 1-2 years? I can get it in a trade and I'm wondering if it's the player I should target.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: your input for Owen Tippett

Very few players are sure things but Tippett is very close to it. I could see him playing in the NHL next season.

Dobber Sports Deity

A highly offensive player who knows how to score but has to learn how to defend and play without the puck if he's going to be a successful NHL player. Plenty of snipers in Jr struggle to find their way in the NHL due to this issue.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What are your thoughts now? A bit has changed . Tippett had a very strong season in the OHL, Borgstrom has continued to impress and also got some NHL games in, and Florida acquired Mike Hoffman. What do you think is in store for Tippett this fall?

Dobber Sports Master

Tallon has gone on record to state that his hope is that Tippett earns a spot in camp. Nothing is handed out in Tippett-land and as you said, Hoffman's entry complicates things a little, but if FLA is to have solid scoring depth, then Tippett has to make the team. I think he will, but expecting top 6 minutes is a fool's gamble. I also think PP mins will be hard to come by. Owen has to force the issue, so invest accordingly.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wrote about Tippett and the Panthers' depth chart here: Florida Panthers - Offseason Prospect System Review

Dobber Sports Legend

Tippett has a slick set of mitts, reminiscent of James Neal. However, unlike Neal, he doesn't toe the line physically. I think his sniper hands are on par with other young shooter prospects like Zadina, Wahlstrom, etc. He might not be as flashy as Wahlstrom, but his release is just as deadly.