Thread: Schwartz over any of my guys?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Schwartz over any of my guys?

I just made a trade that netted me Kessel, but I had to give up Schwartz. Now, inexplicably, the owner has dropped Schwartz for Foligno. Maybe it was the triple eligibility that did it. But in any case, since Schwartz has been back from injury he has not done anything to disappoint. Six points in the last 14 days. In my league he's rated just slightly higher than my Boeser, Perry and Rakell. Not that I'd be keen to drop any of those three... but since i have the #2 waiver position and next week is our last week to make wholesale roster changes, it seems like I ought to at least give the guy some thought.

I could drop Miller and ride 3 D's, which seems to work out for me most of time even though we can start 4 on a given night. I don't think I want to drop any of my goalies. So is there a move here, or should I stand pat? Team and scoring cats below in signature.

Thanks!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Schwartz over any of my guys?

Definitely a bizarre situation, trade Kessel for Schwartz and then drop Schwartz? Wassup with that? Anyway, I'd take advantage of this. If you can ride those 3 D having Schwartz back in the fold as an option makes sense to me. The big question is, will the GM with the #1 waiver option pass on Schwartz? Good Luck!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Schwartz over any of my guys?

It was kind of a complicated trade anyway... I had Boeser on IR and needed to drop someone or engineer a 2-for-1 trade. What happened was I traded Point for Kessel, with the agreement that I would then drop Schwartz outright. The owner had the #1 waiver, so was able to nab him as part of the deal. So after dropping Schwartz they now have Point and Foligno for Kessel. Not a trade I'd have made! And I ended up with Boeser (who I could not have activated) and Kessel for Schwartz and Point. Not bad.

To drop a D for him I'd need to bench F's on a given night, but usually two starts from a F gives me more than 3 from a D. So I can live with that. If I do this, I might actually drop Muzzin instead of Miller. Miller has been the better D for the last 30 days and actually has the same number of hits. He is actually ranked #14 of D's in our league for the last 30 days. Muzzin shows up at #51.

Thanks for the reply!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G