Thread: Markstrom

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Markstrom

He actually capable of being a solid starting netminder that will put up decent stats with a good team in front of him or will he forever be mediocre? Where do you think his SV% GAA and Ws settle in at next year and beyond?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Markstrom

he may have demko breathing down his neck next year, anyones guess how that will go, but demko is pretty high pedigree
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

The Magnificent One

Yes he will be a good goalie with a good team but most that play in the NHL can do that. He will be your average goalie nothing elite as predicted. As mentioned demko will take over eventually but I would say it won't happen next season. Maybe the one after
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Superstar

It's hard to believe Markstrom is in his 9th NHL season. For those of us who considered him the next NHL's franchise goalie, and back then it was most of the folks on this forum, it's hard to believe how his career has played out. I think what you see is what you get with Markstrom and the numbers are not so good. He is likely only a starting goalie option until such time as Demko is ready to take the reins, maybe not next year but the year after. So to answer your question, I'm leaning pretty heavily on the "mediocre" side here.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    It's hard to believe Markstrom is in his 9th NHL season. For those of us who considered him the next NHL's franchise goalie, and back then it was most of the folks on this forum, it's hard to believe how his career has played out. I think what you see is what you get with Markstrom and the numbers are not so good. He is likely only a starting goalie option until such time as Demko is ready to take the reins, maybe not next year but the year after. So to answer your question, I'm leaning pretty heavily on the "mediocre" side here.
    Just goes to show how hard it is to filter prospect goalies. Demko is slated to be the next big thing (like Markstrom was ages ago) and could easily end up being a mediocre NHL goalie. You just never know.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for the input guys

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Just goes to show how hard it is to filter prospect goalies. Demko is slated to be the next big thing (like Markstrom was ages ago) and could easily end up being a mediocre NHL goalie. You just never know.
    Absolutely. I rarely provide comment on the goalies because no matter what I say, I know I'm going to be wrong way more often than not (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf