Thread: Gun shy - My Hall/Boeser or Aho+ for Kane/Bergeron+

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Gun shy - My Hall/Boeser or Aho+ for Kane/Bergeron+

Hi - looking from some input.

The last place GM looking to upgrade his keepers, while I'm currently in first - Yahoo H2H, 12 teams.

Asking for Hall and Boeser or Aho and has offered up basically my pick of his team.

He has Bergeron, Kane, Schneider that I'd be interested in.

We are a keep up to 4 and I'm set in this regard with cheap Barzal, Rantanen, Aho, Doobs.

Offer is Hall/Boser/Hutton for Kane/Bergeron/Schneider...I'm hesitant! The $$s on Kane/Bergeron are high so this would be a rental.

Would this push me though the playoffs or hurt me? Worried Hutton losing starts to Allen, Brock's been solid while Kane's slumped and Bergeron/Hall have been comparable.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Pabi
    Last edited by Pabi; February 17, 2018 at 5:35 PM. Reason: added sig
    12 Team H2H Fantasy Points Keeper (keep up to 4 on $250 total budget, Auction Draft)

Sidney Crosby
    Sean Monahan
    Mat Barzal
    Taylor Hall
    Mikko Rantanen
    Sebastian Aho
    Pavel Buchnevich
    Travis Konecny
    Yanni Gourde
    Brock Boeser
    Brayden Schenn
    D
    Erik Karlsson Ot
    Dustin Byfuglien
    Tyson Barrie
    Jake Gardiner
    G
    Devan Dubnyk
    Semyon Varlamov
    Carter Hutton

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Gun shy - My Hall/Boeser or Aho+ for Kane/Bergeron+

Points only? You aren't keeping Crosby or karlsson? I get there's a budget but that's like 25% of your reasoning when it comes to keeping. Not 100% and if u aren't I'd be selling them for players and picks. If they are all players that you wouldn't be keeping then I'd obviously accept the trade
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Superstar

You don't need to do this. Why? Well, your in first place so all is good there. Here is how I see your keepers: Crosby and Monahan, very solid. EK on D. Devan Dubnyk. The only guy coming back to you in the deal is Schnieder who arguably is perhaps a slightly better keep option than Dubnyk. That's not enough for me. I'd pass.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    Points only? You aren't keeping Crosby or karlsson? I get there's a budget but that's like 25% of your reasoning when it comes to keeping. Not 100% and if u aren't I'd be selling them for players and picks. If they are all players that you wouldn't be keeping then I'd obviously accept the trade
    You guys are missing that it's not a salary cap league, it's an auction draft. So he can throw them back, and bid on them again next year. There likely aren't any picks to acquire, unless they have a draft at the tail end of the auction when everybody has enough for single dollar bids for remaining roster spots or something.

I agree with the type of keepers the OP posted, because of the auction draft nature - star players at fair prices aren't who you keep, you keep guys at a bargain prices. I'd make the deal with Aho in it instead of Boeser. Konecny is close enough to Aho for me to live with him as a 4th keeper; I am admittedly assuming he was super cheap at auction. I prefer Boeser to Aho.

The rentals are fine, as long as they don't either impact anything related to an in-season cap that you'd exceed an pay a cash penalty for, or would force you to drop other players that help you win.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.