Thread: Why is no one talking about Perron??

The Great One

Default Why is no one talking about Perron??

I know his peripherals are nothing to write home about- especially sogs (albeit they never are for him)- but hes rocking 53 points in 51 games!! 2 more last night even- hahaha! For all the ink LV gets theres surprisingly little about Perron. If he re-signs there can he sustain a reasonable facsimile of this or is this just a monstrous outlier? I think the real question is- can we start pencilling him in for 60 as a more appropriate floor? Assuming he stays in Vegas of course...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Why is no one talking about Perron??

I picked up Marchessault from the free agent pool early on in the season, needless to say his production has also been a pleasant surprise.

I think a lot of owners still don't know what to make of Vegas, or whether or not the production we're seeing from so many guys is sustainable ROS or into next season. Full props to Vegas, what they're doing is historic, but is it all too good to be true? I don't know.

I'm happy to ride out that production as long as it lasts though!
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Star

Just my take, but I think Perron is the one ticketed for a deadline deal and Neal is the guy they may decide to re-sign. Even if he stays in Vegas, I still see a regression next year. Everyone will not continue to have career years each year - definitely this team is for real but this has been the everything goes right type season. He is producing terrific numbers while on the 2nd line and 2nd PP. He will remain a secondary scorer if he stays and see him settling into a decent 50-60 pt guy.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Just my take, but I think Perron is the one ticketed for a deadline deal and Neal is the guy they may decide to re-sign. Even if he stays in Vegas, I still see a regression next year. Everyone will not continue to have career years each year - definitely this team is for real but this has been the everything goes right type season. He is producing terrific numbers while on the 2nd line and 2nd PP. He will remain a secondary scorer if he stays and see him settling into a decent 50-60 pt guy.
    yea I don't expect a ppg if he does re-sign- a few questions though:

- If he does re-sign- how much you think they pay him? Such a weird guy to pen a contract for (production wise).
    - Like I asked above- same question- you think we can pencil him in for at least 60 after this? His career high prior is like 56- lol!

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    yea I don't expect a ppg if he does re-sign- a few questions though:

- If he does re-sign- how much you think they pay him? Such a weird guy to pen a contract for (production wise).
    - Like I asked above- same question- you think we can pencil him in for at least 60 after this? His career high prior is like 56- lol!
    Full disclosure I have never been a Perron fan, owned him so many times and he always manages to be a middle of the road type guy, so my perspective may be skewed. The GM in my league sure as hell loves him as he keeps pumping his tires in trying to ship him to me lol.

I could see a nice 4x4 type of deal but honestly that is just off top of head. If he stays I would take the under that he ever reaches 60 again. 50-55 point maxer
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    I picked up Marchessault from the free agent pool early on in the season, needless to say his production has also been a pleasant surprise.

I think a lot of owners still don't know what to make of Vegas, or whether or not the production we're seeing from so many guys is sustainable ROS or into next season. Full props to Vegas, what they're doing is historic, but is it all too good to be true? I don't know.

I'm happy to ride out that production as long as it lasts though!
    Me Too!! I knind of feel like some of these guys are a mirage but the trick is figuring out which ones. My take (gut only- barely even any eye test- lol :P)

- Marsch- Real deal. His sog volume and the fact that all he needed was opportunity andhe capitalized right away- starting in Florida. Im not saying ppg- but Im comfortable calling him a 70 point guy with peaks and valleys season to season.

- Neal- Already shown what he is. hes on pace for a goal heavy 60 points. Im ok calling him a goal heavy 55 point player with a tad bit of upside if he does sign in Vegas where he'll likely have as much PP time as he needs to prop him up. Im an owner but he strikes me as playing kind of a "sloppy" game? Ive seen a bit more of him and hes not the guy whose picking corners, hes the guy swattin mosquitoes- lol!

Smith- Does not shoot as much as Id like, hes also benefitting form Marsch imho. That being said he hit 50 pretty early on in his career. I think hes a 55 point player with year to year upside as long as he stays in Vegas. He was that prior but this season makes that his floor imo (knock on wood).

Karlsson- Does not shoot NEARLY enough- and that shooting percentage screams regression. hes the most unkown but also the biggest candidate for regression. Im calling this his dream season. I think Im giving him a floor as low as 45. That being said I think he stands a chance to out produce that every year he stays in Vegas.- basically as long as he keeps getting the opportunity. I think of all the players involved he is the most propped up by emerging linemates, lucky bounces, and unexpected opportunity.

Tuch- I think he challenges for legit pp time and top six next year. Say a 40 point floor with a reasonable expectation to hit 50- which would actually be a nice step for his development.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Full disclosure I have never been a Perron fan, owned him so many times and he always manages to be a middle of the road type guy, so my perspective may be skewed. The GM in my league sure as hell loves him as he keeps pumping his tires in trying to ship him to me lol.

I could see a nice 4x4 type of deal but honestly that is just off top of head. If he stays I would take the under that he ever reaches 60 again. 50-55 point maxer
    fair enough- 4 X 4 would be a coup imho. Im a little more optimistic. Im kind of hoping we can pencil him in as a 60 point player heading forward. I wish he fired the biscuit more- and if memory serves- he is somewhat injury prone isn't he?

Dobber Sports Wizard

I got him as a throw in to a deal earlier, expecting him to be a bottom of the roster guy with OK fantasy points. He's been one of my best players and is probably the "x factor" to my team staying in first this season.

Going forward, I don't know. All these Vegas guys are tough. Are they all having career years at the same time? Or are they just finally getting the opportunity they haven't really had before?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

One off season is all it takes to pick a part a team's system. NHL is such a heavily coached league.

Columbus had the 3rd most GFs 2016-17, but we all knew to not expect another big offensive season out of Columbus.
    Theyre now 5th lowest GF in the league (despite bringing in Panarin! how much lower would it be if they kept Saad).
    I expect Vegas to slip way down next season as well, minimum of a 15% drop in scoring, but being in their unique position, could be a much greater drop off.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Initiate

Even a bad team scores close to 200 goals a given year... Meaning at least 350 assists and 550-600 points to distribute around the roster... This is a statistical fact.

The only question remaining is who's going to do the scoring on that roster going forward. The answer may also depend on who's roles will change?

I also expect regression and am not sold on this roster in the least. Last year I was super down on the Rangers but they kept scoring in droves - frustrating as I saw the managers around me take advantage of a team that's very much over performing. The Rangers have shown who I thought they were this year... I'm predicting the same thing next season in Vegas.

As stated before, teams coaching will break them down. Also, the players won't have the same rejection/break up drive as outcasts from prior teams. Players will move and roles will change. Plus, the Gerard Gallant effect will not be as great... Look at the Panthers in the year after Gallant won coach of the year honors (some of that did have to do w/ front office).

I have no doubt this team will regress next year. They are out performing their talent level. Some players are safe, Marcessault for one... Neal... But with all the other mentioned guys above with stated reasons for regression... Those are very valid fears. Look at Wennberg and Atkinson as examples ... Sell high while you can!